Well, we were originally supposed to close on the house on Friday, but it doesn't look good. The realtor is insistent that everything is going according to plan, but the broker is telling us not until mid to late next week. Good thing we didn't schedule the U-Haul until the 22nd. John is all stressed out which is making ME stressed out. I keep reminding him that I've never heard of ANYONE who had a house closing go smoothly and rarely do they get to do it on the original date. It just ain't so. (Have fun, Jeff and Paula!)
So we've put off putting the utilities in our names until we definitely hear what's going on. I've slacked on packing (which isn't saying much, since I've only got about 10 boxes packed--and those are only some of our books). Thankfully, we don't really have a lot of stuff--just a lot of TOYS. I may start tossing some of those in boxes (or discretely in the Salvation Army drop-off!) in the next few days.
So here's hoping we're closed by sometime next week. Then we can get moved and get on with the next phase of our lives--home ownership!
1 comment:
Perhaps you should imply that your 'family' would appreciate some alacrity with the closing. Da'boss wud like ta see ya to git dat ting done, capice!
Anyway ... story that the story of closing isn't closing, but rather getting longer. Good luck!
Post a Comment