Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Ut Oh, Wan out of Buwetts....

  • Sorry it's been so long, but along with the chaos of Spring sports and the new puppy, every time I logged in with my husband's computer, it wouldn't let me create a new post!  
  • My husband has STILL not put the protective software on my mini-lap top, and he won't let ME touch it.
  • I am FINALLY done with both GS troops!  But I do have another GS recruitment event to help run this week....
  • Both girls went camping with me with 400 other Girl Scouts.  Izzy just for the one day, Mary and I were there the whole weekend.  Both did great (except for the 2:30 A.M. "cabin party" from Mary's troop, and the constant bickering all hot day between Izzy and her friend). 
  • At camp, Mary's troop NAILED the closing flag ceremony.
  • Keith got to pitch at his ball game the other day.  Not only was he consistently throwing strikes, he actually struck out TWO players!  Apparently getting grounded from his DS from not doing his classwork IN class helped free up some major practice time for him!
  • Mary has basically lost interest in softball.  When pressed for why she doesn't want to play anymore, the only response we get is because the coach hasn't let her play third base or pitch yet.  Well, yes, Mary, but maybe your coach likes you at second base because she realizes you are pretty darn GOOD at second (although, yes, she's good at third, too), and well, it's hard to let you pitch when you haven't shown ANY desire to TRY or even to PRACTICE--and since they moved the pitcher's mound back a little this year, you can't quite get it across the plate YET (although you could with PRACTICE).  Sooooo frustrating.  We don't know whether to keep trying to encourage her to do (and practice at!) something she's pretty good at to help her boost her confidence a little, or just let her drop out so that we're not forcing her to do something she truly doesn't want to do.  Hard to read this kid, really.
  • I inadvertently got my "selected" and "non-selected" confused with the camera--and managed to delete ALL the pictures except for the ones I WANTED to delete.  Good thing a good chunk of them had already been saved on the computer.  *sigh*
  • Mary is finally passing Book 1 for her violin.  (She really should have passed it a year ago, but hey, we're still pretty excited!)  She has a concert next week where she (and the others who have passed) gets to play EVERY song from the book.  Then she (plus every other kid who has passed) gets to play a solo from the book.  And guess what?  Her instrument/book is not the only one performing.  It's going to be a loooooooooooooooooong concert (and the instructor was FIRM that no one is allowed to leave in the middle of it!).  
  • For Part 2 of the "Q Summer of Fun," John and I went to see Les Claypool perform two weeks ago.  Freakin' AWESOME!  
  • Entertaining a puppy while trying to type a post in the cramped computer/junk room is not an easy feat.  So! Many! Temptations! for puppy!
  • Just over one more week left of school!
  • Keith's best friend moved to Dayton yesterday.  Not only are we missing him, but his mother was my co-leader for Izzy's GS troop and just an awesome person and good friend.  Great family, and I'm just depressed about the whole thing.  :-(
  • All is still quiet on the job front.  No interview since February.  The only phone calls I'm getting are from staffing agencies.  I don't mind going the staff agency route, but when I talk to them, I certainly get the feeling that they do not have that many jobs to place.  My unemployment is running out this week or next (unless an extension gets voted in).  I do have a lead on a possible summer temp job, but I know for a fact that the pay would not make it worth the day care expense.  :-(
  • The puppy is doing a pretty good job with crate/house training--as long as I'm not packing two lunches while mopping the floor and brushing Izzy's hair and sorting through laundry for a pair of matching socks.  *sigh*  95% of his accidents are from when I've "just stepped out for a mo."  The good news:  he IS starting to go to the door when he needs to go...about 50% of the time.
  • A friend of Mary's adopted Zuko's sister!  She's is ultra shy while Zuko is the adventurous one.  I may get to watch her when the family goes on vacation...!
  • Zuko has already GROWN.  No fair.
  • I am trying to reassure myself that my scale is wonky--surely is isn't possible for a person to gain five pounds in a day and then lose five pounds the next???  I have NO clue how much I weigh right now.  I'm keeping myself in check with the "my clothes still fit, so I can't weigh THAT much" rule.  (Probably should lay off the Shrek Twinkies for a while, though.)
  • I FINALLY finished the quilt for my girlfriend whose baby is now officially six months old!  Well, you know, I got INTIMIDATED by the whole thing.  I was going to do this awesome "how I did it" post, but um, accidentally deleted all of the pictures.  I will say that despite the um, blatant flaws on the thing, she was completely, totally thrilled with it (or at least that's what she SAID!).

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

I'm sure the quilt was beautiful! I need to see puppy pictures!