Friday, September 09, 2011

Letting the Cat out of the Bag

So...I've kept a pretty big secret from most of you this summer.  It was hard to do.  And even when I did tell a few people I kept thinking of more people to tell...but I kept my fingers still and did NOT type those strange, shocking little words.....  I guess I was testing my ability to actually KEEP the secret.

So, yeah, John and I got a HUGE surprise this summer, and...we're expecting our fourth child in March.

!

I know, right?!

Don't ask us how it happened, because despite having learned about and EXPERIENCED the birds and the bees a few times, we have NO CLUE. 

So now that most of the panic has left our faces, and I'm 12 weeks and popped out so much that random strangers are noticing, I guess it's time to share the news.  We're planning on finally telling the kids tomorrow (we decided to spare them until their first week of school was finished) and others that have been kept out of the loop.  And then...I guess it's time to start getting ready for the baby.  Several pieces of baby equipment are either too old or have simply left the building.  95% of the baby clothes were handed down.  99.9% of the maternity clothes were also handed down (!).  (I guess we need to take care of THAT little fashion emergency first!)  So while I troll some consignment and good will stores, I guess John better finish cleaning out the computer/junk room so that we actually have a place to PUT the new little bundle of joy.

Really, this whole thing is just soooooo surreal.

If anyone is interested, I did start a super-secret baby blog to record my first few weeks of panic and angst.  I don't know if I'll continue to keep a separate baby journal there or just super-impose it onto this blog (I'm having problems editing/posting over there for some strange reason). 

So!  That's the news!  Freaky, but Fun!  Right?  RIGHT?

5 comments:

Nowheymama said...

WOW! Congratulations!

saly said...

I am glad the cat is out of the bag!

d e v a n said...

wow! Congrats!

Sarah said...

Carrie!!! OMG! How awesome.

Unknown said...

Yay! You know how happy I am for you! And I'm happy that everyone else knows now too. :D How did the kids react? You must tell us!