Friday, May 19, 2006

My first blog


Well, after years of keeping simple word documents as records of my life, I've finally made the great leap to blogging! What a concept!

Life is crazy for me, as always. My husband and I are running very quickly into the end of our lease in our townhouse and are desperately trying to find someplace else to live. Every year we go through this. We can never decide whether to move out of Rochester or stay and buy a house. This was supposed to be the year we make a firm decision. Well, the time has flown by, our landlord is knocking at the door wondering if we're going to renew, and we now have just over a month until the lease runs out. I actually called a mortgage broker out of desperation the other day. Maybe we can get lucky, get qualified for a loan, find a new home, and get moved into it within two months (and only have to extend our lease one month). From others' experiences, I know not to hold my breath.

Otherwise, the kids are keeping me busy. Poor Mary currently is on medication for an ear infection. And through this, she's having the busiest week of her life. Dance rehearsals (recital is Saturday) and t-ball games, and a visit from her Great-grandma. Through all this, it's almost impossible to get her to bed at a decent hour, and I feel bad for her. Now that GG has gone home and dance will be ending on Saturday, I'm hoping that her life will be a little less crazy and virus-free.

Izzy had one of her (what I call) "Frankenstein fits" the other night. Izzy is a very well-tempered baby--the most mild-mannered of all our three kids--but every once in a while, she goes into a screaming, stomping, rampaging fit from which she cannot be consoled. This one happend in the middle of the night, and I'm beginning to wonder if it was a night terror. Not something pleasant to behold. When you see your child screaming and crying you want to be able to sooth them. It's the most frustrating thing in the world when they won't let you and don't even seem to notice that you're there. I just put her on the floor and let her rampage around the house until she finally collapsed in my arms--sucking her two fingers. Poor baby.

Keith is the only happy one currently in the house. He's a great kid. Middle child with two sisters--he is so doomed.

Nothing else new to report except for my excitement about getting away to Cedar Point at the end of June with all our FTW Shadownet friends. John and I need a vacation this year, and this little weekend get-a-way is perfect timing....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Carrie! I'm so excited to be the first one to leave a comment in your blog!!! :)

I love this, it makes me want to do one!

Sounds like you are nice and busy! :)

Marcus said...

May I presume this reflects the witching hour? Nice to see that you're blogging your life, one (out)fit or (Frankenstein)fit at a time!

Cerpicio said...

Hey Carrie, nice to hear from you! I saw you on flickr, too.

I hope the girls start feeling better soon, and can't wait to see you all in a few weeks.


Jeff