Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Feeling Tentatively, Knock-on-wood Lucky

Mary woke up fever-free yesterday. She went to school and actually made it through the whole day without a visit to the nurse!

Izzy broke her fever Sunday--she really only had it for about a half day--and then was fine and medicine free the rest of the day. I warned my day care provider yesterday to keep an eye on her because I didn't trust my luck. No phone call--the kid was fine all day.

Hmmm....maybe being exposed to the nasty virus for the last two weeks helped her build up a bit of an immunity so that she only suffered for a half a day? Maybe it's teething. 'Cause when there's something weird going on with a baby/toddler's health, and you can't figure it out, you can always blame it on the teething. Hmmm...she did seem more drooly lately than normal....

Even John seems to be lucking out with just a few sniffles. Figures. He should PAY after leaving me with sick kids to go out of town to draft a fantasy baseball team. Hmph!

Perhaps the bug made a run for it while we were at the library the other day. (My desperate attempt to at least get OUT of the HOUSE for a little while. But instead of enjoying a peaceful, quiet time looking for books, I spent that hour chasing Keith and Izzy as they chased each other in the kids' section. Then Keith left his hat there, and we had to turn around and go back and get it. He still doesn't understand why I didn't let him borrow any books...!). Anyway, the virus must have decided it was sick of the Q family for the last three weeks (as I still say I caught this deadly thing from my brother) and decided to settle itself on a book or audio tape for the next non-suspecting kid to pick up. 'Cause you know the only way to rid oneself of the nasty Virus Ring is to take it to a public place where it can have more opportunities to branch out and infect more people. Here's my gift to you, Penfield!

Other folks I've talked to here and there have also had the deadly Virus Ring and report, like me and my brother, that it was the sickest they'd been in years.

Here's hoping that it really is GONE and not hibernating on the door knobs to spring out at the lesser-sufferers (i.e. Keith and Izzy) again....

Watch out! It's coming your way!

1 comment:

MR said...

"John, you've got to come home, Mary, Keith and Izzy are sick and now Ramone has it."

"who's Ramone?"

[silence]