We are now on day SIX of Feverish Mary. Just at 100, but she's still miserable (and deserves an Oscar for her drama queen performance). Yeah--Mary is NOT the best patient.
But that's not the worst part. The worst part is that Izzy woke up at 2:00am crying--and with a fever of 102. I'm beginning to feel I'm in the "Virus Ring" horror movie. One person gets the nasty, cruel virus, has it for a sickening week, and THEN the bug crawls out of the TV and onto the next innocent to start another cycle.
Keith was the lucky one. He was only sick for a few days--and I'm still not sure how many of his feverish days were due to the shots he'd received instead of the virus. Maybe he was just going through both at the same time. But his ordeal only lasted about 4 1/2 days. That sure doesn't seem fair to his poor 6-days-sick (and apparently still counting?) older sister.
But what about Izzy? How long will HER ordeal last? Will I be employed by the end of the week? (No, my job is NOT accommodating. Bringing Mary to work is a HUGE no-no. But I had no choice in the matter, did I?)
At least Izzy is the best patient of the three--playing and running around and being just as silly now (with her Tylenol/Motrin boosters) as she normally is. Even without the meds and with a fever of 102, the kid can still crack a smile. Mary could learn a lesson or two from her younger sister.
The Virus Ring did seem to change its pattern just a bit here. John's got the sniffles now, too. Perhaps the sickies can all stay home now while I attempt to build back up my good reputation at work.
I'm not counting on my luck.
3 comments:
tomorrow's post: "The virus outbreak is getting worse. The dead are clawing their way out of the cemetaries and heading to Walgreens."
That blows chunks!
Now how did you give Jen and the kids your crud all the way from Rochester? I guess you guys talk on the phone too much together
Post a Comment