Monday, July 14, 2008

The End is NEAR!!

Well, my year off is almost over. The checks will run out soon. It's time to get off my butt, brush off the resume, and get a job.

Oh, God.

My year off has been a good one. I really enjoyed being home with the kids. I didn't accomplish hardly ANYTHING I wanted to, and I should have spent more of this "free" year starting a business from the home. But I didn't. I still can't think of anything to do out of the home that I would like. And I'm in deep envy of my lucky friends who have the free daycare arrangements so that they can work part-time jobs and not have the whole point/check be wiped out with their daycare costs.

Ideas: home daycare (too many issues), tutoring (have to have a LOT of clients to make it feasible), medical transcription (schooling too expensive right now), editing from home (takes a LONG time to build up a client base which could come close to helping with all the bills).

Um.....

The good thing is that if I'm forced to go back to work full-time (which seems likely at this juncture) than I will only have to pay for childcare for one child full-time in the fall. And the year after that....Look out! Izzy will be in kindergarten (still can't believe it).

Time just goes by too darn fast....

Think I'll go cry into my cup of tea now. And maybe start looking at the want ads. Or maybe I'll just put that off for another day....

4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

What about something like Pampered Chef? (Chime in here, Mommy Daisy!!)

davesbeachbar said...

if you lived back in Fort Wayne you would have a couple options for free childcare. Not to mention the cost of living would be cheaper.

I'm just sayin'

d e v a n said...

Sorry your year is coming to an end!!

MR said...

she must have meant the end of blogging.