We've got tons of snow out there--and probably even more coming in the next hour or two. And so I was forced to postpone Mary's birthday slumber party tonight. That is going to be one VERY disappointed girl when she finally gets home (bus is running 30-45 minutes late do to the LOVELY weather). So far it looks as if two or even three of the girls can make it tomorrow night instead. I hope we can do that. Postponing it until after the holidays makes it more likely that it won't happen at all! Shhh!
We had a carry-in at work today. It got moved up from 3:00 to 12:00--and then they told us we could all go home. It took me about 35 minutes to go my normal 20 minute route home. The side roads were the worst. And that's when I decided that even if it DID stop snowing by 7:00 tonight, chances are the roads still won't all be plowed nicely--and who really wants to drag their kid out in that to drop them off at somebody else's house? Stay home! Pop some popcorn and watch a movie! (And now I have more time to cut out all those freakin' tissue paper flowers).
I've got about two more weeks until it's decided whether or not I'm loved enough to keep me at my job. It got kind of scary there as I wasn't very busy for a while, but it was noticed, and the last week has more than made up for it. I just hope it was enough--and that I proved myself enough--for them to decide that they can't do without me. Love me! Pick me! Choose me!
And last, a somewhat sad announcement: I don't think the X-mas cards are going to make it out this year. We never managed to get a family picture done. And then all these preparations for this birthday party have kind of scared the thought of X-mas cards right out of my head. So, IF they do go out, boy, are they ever going to be late! Sorry folks! It's not you--it's me, I swear! Still love you and miss you and Happy Holidays and blah, blah, blah. Mwah!
2 comments:
I hope you don't think "Mwah!" makes up for missing MY Christmas party again this year. I'm going to (hopefully) have a roomful of your friends here tomorrow night rimming our margarita glasses with cocai... I mean, having a GREAT time! Maybe some year, eh? Didn't you say something about New Years?
Yikes. Sounds like a lot of snow! I hope the slumber party goes off without a hitch and don't worry about Christmas cards - sometimes some things have to give.
Post a Comment