Wednesday, March 31, 2010

If it's too good to be true...

Nothing is more frustrating than sorting through junk/crap job postings and finally finding a posting for a job that sounds somewhat decent--only to discover it's spam/slam in disguise. And that it has almost the same exact typeface/heading/job description as the spam/slam posting I JUST saw! I'm getting pretty good at identifying them now, but YEESH.

I did miss out on a job interview/opportunity because of my father-in-law's funeral, but that cannot be helped. And except for another opportunity where the employer ended up finding an internal candidate, it's been all quiet on the job front.

Now I have two major events to plan for GS, and I really can't put it off much longer. I did take one step today of making a phone call that I've needed to make for ages--but the person didn't answer the phone. Great! That just means that I still have the same amount of work to do later!

And John's 39th birthday is tomorrow, and I am once again perplexed about what to get him for a gift. I know what I WANT to get him, but it's a tad expensive for our current means.... It may just be an "IOU--when I finally find gainful employment." Or--"Those concert tickets you just bought? Yeah--THAT'S your gift."

I'm in too much of a depressed fog right now to post anything else. The weather is supposed to get gorgeous in the next couple of days, so maybe that will help cheer me up a bit.

1 comment:

MR said...

with all that guilt, I hereby make you an honorary Catholic. Congratulations.