So, after dinner, setting out clothes, showers, packing now THREE lunches (gasp!), and the surprise "last night of summer ice cream treat," and the stalling, and the nervous tummies (Mary), and the slight allergy attack (Keith), we did finally get the kids to bed probably around 9:00 (although Keith's sniffles kept him up much later than that).
This morning I forced myself out of bed early (I so have been dreading the early wake-up call much more than my kids), showered, and actually COOKED BREAKFAST for my children (Seriously--this is a big deal for me!). Due to our preparation the night before (something I SWEAR I will make a habit every year and never quite manage), we had a pretty non-chaotic morning. The kids were all ready and waiting for the bus in good time (Bah! Just remembered that I forgot to have them brush their teeth!).
I was able to handle all three of my kids' first days of kindergarten with mostly excitement and anticipation just tinged with a hint of anxiousness and sadness. This year is the first year that I saw them all off with a bit of a lump in my throat. Now ALL THREE are in school ALL DAY, and I'm just really sad about that. No little Izzy to greet home for lunch. :-( All the babies out of the house. Even the thought that I can now go to the grocery store just whenever and not have to plan around a mid-day school bus pick-up/drop-off is making me feel morose.
Clearly, I need a job. The babies do not need me anymore. (And frankly, the pocketbook needs the stimulus, too). :-(
![]() |
| Waiting for the bus! |
Show us your grade! Three! Five! One!
![]() |
| Bye! |
![]() |
| Mom and Dog feeling a little lost.... |
(Seriously! I keep thinking I have to go get Izzy off the bus now. This is just so....weird!)




2 comments:
all 3 all day!! I hope the adjustment goes smoothly!!!
That is a big adjustment. I won't have a year to worry about, because our school distract does all-day every-day kindergarten. So we'll just hit the ground running next year. I'm already wondering what I'll do without my little guy at home.
It looks like your kids were ready this morning. I hope they had a great first day!
Post a Comment