Wednesday, December 08, 2010

Things are pretty crazy, as I'm sure you ALL know.  The part-time temp job is just lovely.  There's been a slight issue of getting my training finished since they want me to drive to Buffalo, which, as Saly has pointed out, has been under like 100 feet of snow the last few days.  Hopefully soon?

AND John and I had a DATE this weekend.  We got a sitter then got all snazzed up and went to a holiday party given by one of his co-workers.  Even though the place was packed, and I didn't know a soul except my own husband, I actually had a nice time.  John figured we'd be fine in really nice shirts and jeans.  Well, we were greeted by the homeowner who was wearing a TUX.  At least we weren't the only ones who were more snazzy-casual--but there were quite a few little black dresses and tuxes about the place.  (At least I was comfortable!)

Sunday groggy morning I dropped off the sitter and then went to a meeting and then realized I couldn't find my cell phone.  I know I had it when we got in the car Saturday night, but that's the last I remember of it.  Living without a cell phone during one of the snowiest weeks EVAH has not been a party, 'K?

Mary and Keith are really cranking along in their violin and cello books.  Both of them are really picking up on reading music.  Keith is determined to pass his Book 1 this year (oh, it's soooo happening).  Mary wants to pass Book 2 (probably not this year, but she may just surprise us all with as quickly as she's getting through the songs).  Izzy is doing really well with her viola.  Poor third kid doesn't get reminded about practicing as much, but she's still keeping up, and is learning all her "Twinkle variations" just as quickly as the instructor teaches her.  I do hope the kids stick with this--it's just the neatest thing to watch them learning these instruments.

Mary just got done tackling long division and has gone on to fractions.  She is not amused.

Mary is also on the Year Book Club.  And...since I know no one local reads this blog (all the kids are sworn to secrecy about everything yearbook), let me just BRAG about the fact that HER drawing won the COVER!!!!!  Oh, we are very, very proud here in the Q Household.

And...this is probably the earliest we've ever had our tree up and decorated.  And we're turning on the Christmas music while we eat dinner and finish up homework in the evenings.  Even with all that snow and cold, I do love this time of year.  (On second thought, that snow could SLOW DOWN just a bit.)

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Woo hoo Mary!