Monday, October 24, 2011

Athletes...and the NEWS!

Mary has been moved up to the next level in her swim club.  She has moved up two levels in two months!  She had her first swim meet just over a week ago, and did most excellent with her breast stroke and crawl (well, except for a mysterious disqualification on her breast stroke that no one apparently noted the reasoning for).  She did NOT do quite as well with her backstroke, but that was the last heat in which she participated, and she was tired, and she said she just felt like throwing up.  So!  Despite that, she IS doing excellent with her swimming.  Now John and I are playing an interesting balance game with getting her to her two hour practices that are now taking place four nights a week.  Who's idea WAS this?

Keith went to a pitching clinic last week and totally impressed his baseball dad.  He was throwing hard AND accurate at the 60'6" mound.  He was the only boy to manage to knock off the softball that was placed on a tee for a drill.  Apparently idolizing Tim Lincecum is having some good effects.

I cleaned the house most of the day yesterday (trying to take breaks here and there to not get too worn out), and I managed to induce one mother of an allergy attack.  I finally had to give in and get out the inhaler.  Then I woke up in the middle of the night sweating from the jershey knit sheets I'd just put on the bed (hello!  running my own oven now!  jersey knit was DUMB!), and had to suck on the inhaler again to get the 10 million pound elephant off my chest.  And I just CAN'T stop sniveling/sneezing.  Ugh.

And...in other news...the answer to the question, "Is it a hamburger, or is it a hot dog?" is UP at the baby blog!

No comments: