| The Unknown Phantom ("I am NOT the Grim Reaper!"), Cleopatra, and the Dragon Ninja |
| Joined by Hermione and a distracted Bunny |
And here are some oldies I've been meaning to download. Here is a pic of me with some visiting friends of ours this summer--when I was about 8-9 weeks pregnant. Hard to tell with this pic, but there is a definite belly growing there!
And, wow. I took/deleted this photo a million times, and of course as I download it, I notice that it is STILL blurry. Ah well. Here I am at 17+ weeks.
And...the bad news. My granny lost her battle with cancer this morning. We knew it was coming, but even her doctor thought she would at least make it to Thanksgiving. She went peacefully in her sleep, and my father was there with her. She didn't really suffer much, so I'm pretty glad about that. As I said on FB, it's going to be a pretty dull world without her in it. :-(
Here is the post I wrote a while back about her quilts. She just didn't have the energy to make a quilt for this newest baby, but I didn't care because I already had such nice ones from her. In fact, I got another hand-me-down that she'd made not long after that post that is just as lovely as the one she made for me. She was a true artist, and I'm sorry she didn't get a chance to finish the last quilt she was making. But I know that her life gave her great joy and that she went with no regrets and that she was just the best Grandma ever. I don't need a new quilt to remind me of that. I love you Grandma, and I'm going to miss you like no one's business!
![]() |
| My Granny on her 80th last May. With a cup of coffee, OF COURSE! |

4 comments:
Oh, I'm sorry for the loss of a very special woman in your life. It sounds like she was a very giving person.
I'm sorry about your grandmother. It's hard to lose them.
So so sorry about your grandma? xxoo
I'm so sorry about your Grandma. ((Hug))
Your belly is adorable, by the way!
Post a Comment