Wednesday, March 07, 2012

ME ME ME ME!

Saly tagged me for a MeMe!  And...isn't she lucky that I haven't had this baby yet and had a moment.  But...WOW, that's a lot of questions to answer/think of!


So!

Post a picture of yourself, tell us 11 things we might not know about you, answer the 11 questions asked of you, then write 11 new questions and tag some friends to play along (let them know you tagged them!).


38 Weeks!! With perfectly coiffed hair from a salon!
Torpedo belly!

No, that's not my belly button--it's the seam on my pants!  LOL



1.  I mentioned this before, but it's cool and worth repeating.  When my husband and I got married, we combined our two last names and created a whole new name.  Every now and then someone on FB is all, "HOW did you end up with a married last name that also starts with a Q?!" LOL

2.  Speaking of last names, I got my maiden name from my father (of course), but he did NOT get his name from his father.  No, he took his step-father's last name.  The cool part is that it's a Hispanic name.  Growing up as a blonde-haired, blue-eyed girl with a Hispanic last name in a very white-bread town/state was kinda unique, to say the least.  I once went to a job interview and completely threw the interviewer--she was expecting a little Latina chick!

3.  I do not like mayonnaise nor most mayonnaise products.

4.  I really, really love science fiction/fantasy and consider myself quite the Geek (well, perhaps "moderately" Geek).

5.  I sort of have an obsession with Weird Al Yankovic.  (Again:  Geek.)

6. I am usually a pretty fun-loving, easy-going person, but I have a nasty stubborn streak which most definitely does me more harm than good.

7.  I was pretty girly as a kid.  My third grade year I pretty much wore a dress EVERY day.  Amusing that it's probably right around the time that I noticed boys that I stopped dressing so girly.  But I think mostly do to laziness.  It's way too much work to dress up like that all the time.  Now it's a very rare day that I'll wear make-up, and in all honesty it's mostly because 1) I'm always second-guessing the application, 2) I can't stand the feel of it on my face--I want to be able to RUB MY EYES when I'm tired!, and 3)  I'm too lazy to want to wash it off every night!  And I don't wear dresses (especially in the winter) because tights/pantyhose are the works of the DEVIL.

8.  I was a Girl Scout from 1st through 12th grade.  [I guess it's no surprise that I'd end up being a leader for both of my daughter's troops--and be secretly glad (yet also MOANING) that this baby is also a girl, so I may as well just become a lifetime member!]  As a kid, I mostly liked it for the camping opportunities.  Getting to spend 1-3 weeks away from home in the summer was absolutely WONDERFUL.  But my poor girls haven't gotten many opportunities to go to the camps due to their locations/convenience (and our council is selling most of the close-by camps making it even worse!) and the expense.  I feel bad for my poor girls not getting the same camping opportunities I had as a girl.

9.  Hey, Saly, I also do not wear my glasses while I'm eating.  No motion sickness, but for some reason the feel of them on my face while I'm eating drives me nuts!  I'm also near-sighted, so I don't need them (yet) to see the faces of any diners accompanying me.  (I also do not wear my glasses while reading or using the computer.  I lose my glasses a LOT.  LOL)

10.  I was very out-going and obnoxious as a child.  I think a lot of my classmates thought I was just plain weird.  I have mellowed out now and am shy/awkward about meeting new people now.  Sometimes I wish I could tune in to that weird kid more often to help me cope with some social situations.

11.  I have never been a heavy drinker, even while away at college.  It doesn't take much to make me all red-cheeked and goofy(er!).  Technically, I think I've only been "drunk" once.  I drank a lot of homemade apple punch at a friend's party.  I went to stand up to get more--and felt too woozy to stand.  I immediately sat back down--and stopped drinking for the evening.  I was probably 23-24.


In answer to Saly's questions:

1. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be, and why?        Um....hmmm....  I dunno.  I struggle with this a lot since I've never really had a job I've DESIRED and can't afford to go back to school to do the jobs I WANT to do.  It would be nice if I could go back and get my Master's and go back into teaching again.  I have also played with the idea of becoming a lactation consultant--if I could afford the training, that is.

2. What is your favorite flower?          I'm...not much of a flower person.  And any flowers I do like, I don't really know the names for them?  Gardenias?  Jasmine?  I do love it when it's lilac time around here.  I could stay outside smelling our lilac trees all day.

3. What is something you regret?          Oh!  That one is just WRONG, Saly!  I try very hard to NOT look back at past mistakes and beat myself up with regrets.  I guess the biggest is probably tied to the first question.  I sometimes regret moving out of my home state which made my teaching license NO GOOD in my new state--and then being all content and fat and happy with the first job I landed and not more actively looking into what all I had to do to get said teaching license updated to the new state's standards.  MAYBE I could have gotten a teaching job, which would have given me more job satisfaction--and I probably would have been better able to afford to get that (required!) Master's degree...which I now can't afford at all.  But that regret leads to the path of "but if I HADN'T moved out of my home state, it probably would have led me down a path without my soon-to-be four kids".  HOW can I regret a decision which eventually led me to those wonderful kids?  See!  Everything happens for a REASON!

4. You are in a frou frou coffee shop. What do you order?          I usually order Mochas or White Mochas.  I love coffee, but even while pregnant I'm not supposed to have much caffeine, so I tend to NOT tempt myself with fun flavors which could create addictive, and then unhealthy, ISSUES later.  LOL  Anyway, at home, I'm pretty darn happy with decaf and a bodacious creamer like coconut, peppermint mocha, french vanilla, pumpkin spice when it's in season.  I only buy the creamers every once in a blue moon since it could cause me to drink much more coffee--even decaf!--than I should.

5. What is the best thing that you cook?          Gosh.  I have a meatloaf recipe (it's in my blog somewhere) that I really rock at.  I also LOVE to bake (but tend not to so as to help keep a healthy waistline).  I just tried the Pioneer Woman's chicken and dumplings and totally rocked that, too.  I make a mean coconut cream pie for my husband for his birthday every year.  YUM!

6. Where is your favorite place to vacation, and why?          Ocean City, NJ.  The last two years we've rented a condo two blocks from the beach, and it was just heavenly.  Just hanging out on the boardwalk/beach with my family is joyful to me.

7. What’s the weirdest thing in your refrigerator?          Well, I had to get up to look, and my refrigerator is surprisingly weird-free right now.  I guess the weirdest thing would be the collection of odd cheeses my husband apparently got a craving for and bought (probably should check those and make sure they're still good!).
     
8. Do you collect anything?          I have a Strawberry Shortcake doll collection from when I was a kid.  Of course, it's been stored in my father's basement/garage the last twenty years, so now they smell more like mold and motor oil, but.....  I also like stuffed lions, but I'm no freak about it--I just have a few of them.

9. You have an entire day alone with no plans. What would you do?          Usually I READ.  And ignore the housework.

10. Who is your #1 celebrity crush?          #1?  OH dear!  Um...Patrick Dempsey has been up there for a while now.  (Why, yes, I DO have his Robert doll from Enchanted on display in my bedroom.  What of it?)

11. How do you like your eggs?         Usually scrambled.  But the last few years, I've been starting to eat them over easy (which I could NOT stand when I was a kid).  But usually NOT in restaurants--I'm only brave enough to do scrambled there!



And...MY questions.  Mostly taken from the million "Getting to know you" websites out there.  Ha!
Saly tagged just about everyone I would have.  I guess I'll just keep trolling everyone else to see their answers?  How about Two Adults and Samantha Jo.  Cuz I LOVE following them on Twitter.  And my BFF JJ (who NEVER has the time to read my blog anymore!).

1.  What was your favorite food when you were a child?
2.  What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
3.  If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
4.  What would you name the autobiography of your life?
5.  What story does your family always tell about you?
6.  What’s the best/worst gift you’ve ever given/received?
7.  What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
8.  Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
9.  Do you have any embarrassing indulgences?  (Like, reading bad romances???)
10.  What is your favorite cereal?
11.  Rolling Stones or Beatles?



4 comments:

Nowheymama said...

You look so beautiful! And great answers!

k said...

Hey! Hey! I will do this!

I love reading your answers. :)

Sarah said...

I've never been a heavy drinker either. I actually drink quite frequently on a normal, unpregnant basis, but never a LOT, if that makes sense- I love the taste of wine, and the feeling of about two glasses, especially with good food, but I actually HATE the feeling of being genuinely drunk. The couple of times that has accidentally happened I was so. mad. at myself the whole time I was trying to swim back up out of the fog!

Saly said...

Love this!! Love your hair!! and your belly!! I can count on one hand the number of times I've actually been drunk. I like a glass or 2 of wine, or a good mixed drink but that's about it.