Well, I got my pc back--but not my file. So I have to recreate a database from scratch. But I've had no time to do it since I got another project handed to me that was a bit more important. I had to call up some files from storage and make copies of stuff from 2004. It was not fun. Especially when at one point it became apparent that SOMEONE in 2004 did not do their job right (and no, it wasn't me). Made for a very stressed-out Carrie for a few days there.
Mary got her report card this week. It reminded me of employee reviews now-a-days. "You see this 5 here? We're putting it down as the highest rating--but you can't actually achieve that rating. It's just there to taunt you and give us a lame-ass reason to not give you a raise." Mary actually did really great on her report card. But seriously, if they are not going to grade at a 5 point level, why the freak is the 5 even there? It's just WRONG!
John and I braved the Super Wal-Mart this weekend and loaded up the cart with all new lights and stuff with which to decorate our new house. Then John went back and got more. The problem: how on earth do you decorate a house that faces the road side-ways? Seriously, our house is built straight back off the garage, so all you see from the road is the garage. John thinks he'll have to string up lights down the front of the house (which is the side), the garage (which is the actual front), AND the back (um...the other side) in order for it to look "just right". Hmmm....maybe this year we'll just stick the animated deer out in the lawn and call it a day!
I told John that I'm a bit confused about what to do about X-mas gifts. John and I have a standing rule: gifts are optional--NOT obligational. And this is for ALL holidays, including birthdays and especially those dumb-ass hallmark holidays. If we decide to get each other something, we usually search around for something unique that we know the other person will like. But now we've got a house and stuff we actually NEED for it. John drools down the aisles at Home Depot and Lowe's every weekend. Are we really at that place in our lives now where we're going to buy each other stuff for the house and NOT for each other? So, what the heck do I get John for X-mas? A gift card? 'Cause I haven't a clue what high-powered tool he wants. Well, YUCK. How impersonal! So what do you get John for X-mas when he already owns a comb--AND a snowblower????
3 comments:
Snowblower -- don't knock it, save his back! I still have a good hour or two every time a heavy snow occurs that the wickedly stupid city drives the trucks down the streets, pushing the snow in front of the cleared drive, blocking it again with hard core ice instead of difficult snow.
What could you possibly "give" "him" when he already has "a" snow"blow"er?
I don't envy the "job" that you have in front of you.
oh damn, I am going to hear about this.... AGAIN!!
Well, THAT would certainly make for a merry "ho-ho" x-mas.
You @$$!! I'm telling your wife!!!
Post a Comment