Friday, January 12, 2007

Back to Business

The Girl Scouts have finally gotten it together and scraped together a troop for Mary and me. And what a troop! Basically, they're putting all the "leftovers" from our school district into this one troop. (I guess most of the troops around here were just too full for newbies.) So far it looks as if I'll have girls from three or four different elementary schools--and they range in age from kindergarten to third grade! Thank goodness another mother volunteered to be the co-leader right away. There is no way I could have handled that kind of hodge-podge troop on my own. But with only five months left in the school year, I'm hoping it won't be so bad. How weird that I will have to teach all the fundamentals to one half of the room while at the same time get the other half ready to bridge to the next level! Well, THIS will be interesting!

3 comments:

MR said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MR said...

Day 1: The first rule of Girl Scouts is that you don't TALK about Girl Scouts.

The second rule of Girl Scouts is you DON'T - TALK - ABOUT - GIRL SCOUTS!!!

The third rule: don't let go of the cookies until the money is in your purse.

Marcus said...

Assemble the strike team:

Delta team, with your order forms, you will learn tenacity and cute girl puppy-dog-eye look and sell those cookies.

Alpha team, you will work on memorizing codes and creating unique crafts, indicitive of your age and our affiliation with Girl Scouts of America.

This is your second or third year with the scouts? I don't remember.