Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Rooms and Contracts

I actually got another coat of paint up in Keith's room on Saturday. I'll have to do a third though, because you can still see a little pink showing through here and there. John has to do the top 1/4 of the room, which is being painted a different color. Anyone who knows me knows I should NOT attempt painting while standing on a ladder. While it would be amusing for most bystanders--or maybe America's Funniest Home Videos--I'm in no mood to go out with a back injury just now. So, here's hoping we get more done this weekend and maybe get the kid his bedroom by his the time he's five--um, in four weeks.

Sunday we were feeling a bit boxed in, so we took the kids to the science museum. John and I get bored with it when they haven't changed exhibits and planetarium shows in a while, but the kids still have a blast there. That wore us all out so much, we ALL took a nap. No Sunday painting, sorry.

It's snowed every day this week with more coming. I'm not minding it since it's just been steady and nothing major. Three years ago we had over 100 inches of snow in just January alone. I'd HAD IT with snow by this point that year!

I'm in a union here at work, and we're going through contract negotiations right now. As always, it gets pretty ugly in the early stages. Right now we've got one department that's probably getting shut down (really not new news since our company is building a new customer service center in Florida right now), and the company is even talking about taking away the work MY department does. They are claiming no lay-offs, but I'm not sure what my department will DO if they take away those responsibilities--unless of course the company REALLY means that they are going to make our jobs non-union and force us to go management. THAT would be interesting. I'm trying not to worry or speculate too much yet since many proposals get dropped or changed or "forgotten" before the actual contract gets signed. Anyway, there may be big changes coming my way by the spring. We'll see....

2 comments:

Marcus said...

Weel, the negotiations were short.

The negotiations never took place. I advice lightsaber debates.

MR said...

As a precaution, you should sneak out your red Swingline stapler.