Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And THIS is why I'm doing it

Yesterday I took Keith and Izzy to visit a friend of mine across town. The kids all played, and my friend and I got caught up and exchanged "how-to-cope" advice (she's been doing this longer--and she home-schools to boot). We ended our outing with all six kids sitting outside enjoying a nice fall picnic. While everyone was sitting eating their pb&j contentedly and enjoying the fresh fall breeze (What on EARTH would I do if one of my kids were allergic to peanuts?!), Izzy, sitting next to me, leans over and pats me on the shoulder, then gives me the sweetest grin while trying to wink at me (which constitutes of her blinking both eyes, but I knew what she meant).

Yeah. THAT'S why I'm doing this.

1 comment:

Marcus said...

Joys, unpaid, but those for which you would not trade for the world.