Sunday, October 21, 2007

KEITH IS SLEEPING IN HIS OWN ROOM!!!

I finished most of the trim around the walls and started on the closet/doorway before I finally had to mail it in and just start clearing all the junk out of the room. I was going to mop the floor, but John said to skip it for now. So I vacuumed and swept and then Friday morning the furniture store guys showed up and put together Keith's loft. Wow. It's a lot BIGGER than I thought--er, actually, Keith's room is really, really small!

Keith was apprehensive at first. It's been over a year since we've had any kind of bunked bed around (and Mary usually slept on the top bunk), so he was a little nervous about going up and down the ladder. But Friday night, he got up in his bed (early!), and John and I told him just to call for us if he needed to get down (Keith ALWAYS has to use the bathroom around 11:00 at night--no matter how many times he's used it before he gets into bed). Keith made it through the bathroom break, and the drink-of-water break with help and by morning, he actually got out of the bed on his OWN. Victory!

He's one happy little boy.

John has NOW decided that he DOESN'T WANT the rest of the trim painted orange--this after I had already started DOING it. Now what?

Now we just gotta get Izzy moved into Mary's room. So, should we re-bunk those two beds (requiring the purchase of another twin mattress)? Or should we leave them separate (still requiring said purchase)? OR should we just take down the one bed and then move Izzy's toddler bed in it's place? Which--I reminded John--she really does need to move out of soon as she's almost three! *sigh* Should probably look at mattresses with next pay check....

1 comment:

MR said...

Ladder? He needs a fire station pole! I guess you could just buy one of those stripper poles that girls use for excersize nowadays, it'll work the same. (Someassemblyrequiredstrippernotincluded.)