Just a side note to tell you about the kids' school pictures.
In Keith's poses, if we squinted very, very hard, John and I swore we could see the ketchup specks on his chin. But those sample photos are very, very grainy. Will the actual prints show more detail? We decided that his smile for BOTH poses was so wonderful that we would take that chance--and we bought some.
Only one of Mary's poses had her pretty (toothless!) smile, but her hair was indeed, well, TERRIBLE. The way she put her hair clips in did not suit her face, but that wasn't the bad part. One hair clip had a piece of hair with a big LOOP in it that stuck out and was indeed VERY noticeable. Scrap it, folks! Retake time! (And I know teachers and photographers aren't paid to be obsessive MOTHERS, but seriously? They can't attempt to smooth a kid's hair on PICTURE DAY?)
And I was good and non-obsessive and did NOT show up for retakes day. I just took more time with her hair and pulled it back in clips that hold better. She came home without the clips in her hair (and one lost)--but she claims she didn't mess with it until AFTER the pictures. We'll see....
3 comments:
I know! You'd think that the photographer would think, "If that kid's hair is like that, no one is going to buy these photos and I am totally wasting my time with all the 'Let me see your pretty smile!' crap."
I'm a freak about the photos too. Caitlyn's from last year had her with snots and tears in her eyes.
I know I'm behind...
I remember picture day in the third grade. The teachers were passing out these stupid little combs - the kind that men carry in their back pockets - and insisted that everyone comb their hair. I have long thick wavy hair that should never be combed when dry, but they yanked that stupid thing through my hair, making me all puffy and staticy for my pictures. Of course, my mom yelled at ME...
Post a Comment