Another busy weekend at the Q household. Saturday each kid had a game. It was hot and humid with scattered showers (we got hit with a huge downpour at the last inning of each game!). Exhausting.
After the games, we headed home and took a quick nap and then feverishly cleaned the house for the baby sitter. That's right--John and I had a DATE. I know! But I was determined to see the new Star Trek movie. Last weekend we had too much stuff going on, so I made it a point to schedule the sitter for this Saturday night. A friend of mine and her husband (who works with John, ironically) were also planning on going, so we ended up all going together. Awesome movie. I thoroughly enjoyed it. And I'm glad I paid the big bucks for the tickets and sitter so that we could go!
After the movie, the four of us headed to a little local bar for a quick drink, then John and I relieved the babysitter around 11:30. (Mary picked on poor Keith all night. Izzy whined and cried when she had to go to bed. Otherwise, they were good and had fun.)
Sunday I did more and more laundry. Since the house was mostly clean from the "purge" the day before, the chore chart was kind of moot, so the kids kind of got it easy. Mary went to a friend's house to play. John took Keith to the park to hit some balls (we're hoping more practice will help him not be so intimidated with that pitching machine!). After Izzy's nap, I took her shopping (looking for new shorts--didn't find any!) and to the grocery store.
Another enjoyable weekend. I am seriously looking forward to the longer weekend coming up ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment