Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Only thing you can do is laugh

Forgot to mention that we adults forgot to go to the ATM before going to the Lilac Festival on Sunday (Gah! We do that EVERY year!). As a result, we had EXACTLY enough money to park and buy 4 corn dogs, 1 hamburger, and 2 drinks. Izzy apparently did not hear the discussion whilst eating that we were NOT going to ride the hokey rides this visit 'cause Mom and Dad are LOSERS and lack organization skills. And I'm not sure if it would have mattered to a 4-year old, anyway.

As we started walking out of the park, Izzy started throwing a (fake) fit when we walked past the bounce house. John and I tried to give her reassuring words as we kept walking to the mini-van that we WILL come back to spend tons of money on a 20-second jumping spree in the bounce house later this week. She kept balling and at one point yells out, "I HATE you when you won't let me ride rides!" The couple strolling just ahead of us turned and gave us SUCH a shocked look. I just couldn't help it--I started cracking up! And I was having such an issue controlling it (I mean--seriously! That's MY kid being a BRAT!) that my shoulders shook, and I got tears in my eyes. The couple just had to laugh, too.

I apologize in advance to Izzy's teachers. Forgive me for the spoiling of my child--and then LAUGHING about it! You are soooo doomed. And I take full responsibility for my actions.

No comments: