We are all still adjusting to our new school/work schedules--but I think it's working lovely.
Izzy has good days and bad days about getting up in the mornings. The first day of school, she was fine since she was so excited, but the second day was more of my begging/pleading/nagging/demanding and her just crawling back under the covers every time I walked away.
"It's your first day riding the bus!"
"I don't care" (while grinning).
"Aren't you excited to see Mrs. M. again? And Mrs. F. and R?"
Grin: "I don't care."
"What if I tickle you?"
Really grinning, "I don't care!"
Me, laughing, "I guess I'll have to spank you, then?"
REALLY grinning, "I DON'T CARE!"
*sigh* At least she wasn't CRYING!
Yesterday I forgot to set my alarm and woke up about 20 minutes before I needed to leave for work. Izzy didn't get any sort of gentle wake-up call. No, I just pulled the covers off of her and dragged her out of bed (slowly, though, OK?), and then set her down to do her hair. So far, that has been the most pleasant morning (um, with HER) yet. Apparently forcefully dragging her semi-conscious body is the KINDEST and MOST QUIET way to get her out of bed. Who knew?
Izzy has been a little more whiny lately, and I'm wondering if it's due to all these changes (school, new day care lady, etc.). I was told she had to be "talked to" yesterday by her daycare lady because she burst into tears while Mrs. F. at the museum when they were moving on to new exhibits. Mrs. F. was surprised--and realizes that Izzy needs more transition time. I was surprised as I've never really known her to be like that for others.... So, yeah, Izzy needs to STOP the drama! Oi!
Mary is loving having her BFF over to the house every day. I know the newness of this will wear off soon. As nice as this kid is, I also know that she gets bored VERY EASILY, and I will be hard-put to keep her entertained once the cold weather sets in, and we can't go outside every day. Luckily, homework takes up PART of the time she's with us, so the entertainment time isn't as much as it could be! Yay for fourth grade homework!
We're already having issues with take-home folders and agendas and instruments being left home or at school and....ugh. WHEN does this stuff EVER click? (No comments on how much stuff *I* forget on a daily basis!)
The extra-curricular madness is about to kick in. I'm just NOT ready. First GS meetings take place in a week, and I'm still fluttering around like a lost fruit fly (Which have TAKEN OVER our garage and are trying to take over the kitchen/bathroom, and killed off all my happy live-and-let-live thoughts as I spray EVERY little red-eyed offender with Windex and smash them with a towel!). Anyway, thank goodness my co-leader for Mary's troop is so freakin' AWESOME--otherwise I'd be even more zany!
Mary decided to join choir this year instead of orchestra--she's still going to take violin lessons, she just doesn't want to be in the orchestra. The teacher called John all in a panic, "She can't! She HAS to stay in orchestra!" After talking with him a few minutes, John got out of him that Mary can still take violin lessons and not orchestra, but the teacher just really likes her and really, really wants her to stay in orchestra (we think it's because she actually BEHAVES in class and apparently yells at the other wound-up kids who DON'T). John's going to talk to Mary again, but he's still going to leave it up to her. Even though the teacher said she could do both orchestra and choir, we're afraid that's just a few too many activities going on and a little too much time out of the classroom, so we're going to give it another try and see how she feels about this choir vs. orchestra mess!
Keith? Meh--he's the same happy-go-lucky kid. His biggest concern right now seems to be whether or not his Star Wars cartridge is working in his Didj (it IS, he just has to be more PATIENT with it) and whether or not he can take his Pokemon cards to school (yes, but....well, we're pretty sure he's getting jipped on his trades since he's so nice--and he doesn't even know how to play the game yet!).
1 comment:
Ha ha, I love the stories of kids being kids. It's great. It sounds like they are doing well with the beginning of school...even if they are causing a teensy bit of undue stress for their mama.
Post a Comment