Friday, November 13, 2009

A Thankful List....

I love it when I cook dinner and all five people in the house actually eat it. I REALLY love it if it's actually a healthy dinner and not hot dogs and Doritos.

I love "special nights." Two kids go to "bed" early, and the third one gets to stay up a bit late and hang out with Mom and Dad. I love that we get to play different games every week. I love the one-on-one time. I love that the other two "get" the rules and get ready for bed with NO complaints and happily ponder what game THEY will pick when it's their turn.

I love it when one kid voluntarily helps out another one.

I love it that my son is almost always up, dressed, and starting his breakfast before I even get out of the shower most mornings--and I didn't have to say a word!

I love how after she FINALLY gets up, and finally gets dressed, and finally gets her hair brushed, Izzy is the happiest, sweetest girl in the world--and pretty much stays that way all day.

I love my husband's sense of humor--we really need to get out together more often.

I love to watch Mary interact with her best friend everyday. Even her teacher commented on how well the two girls compliment each other. I also love how the best friend and her little sister both play well with all three of my kids. I love that I got a chance to go part-time so that we could do this. I hope we get to do this for a long time.

I love the looks on my kids' faces when I surprise them with "junk food" at snacktime. Like, you know, muffins. heh

I love that Mary wants me to teach her how to knit now (oh, dear!).

I love that we've built up a tiny, little support system so that if I need a last minute baby sitter, I just MIGHT actually find one. And I love that they know that I'd drop anything to do the SAME for them (Within reason on BOTH sides, of course! I also love that no one takes advantage of the other).

I am starting to love craft stores. (Wish my pocketbook did....*sigh*)

(I think I'll stop while I'm ahead.) :-)

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I love that "special night" idea! How fun.

Hannah said...

Amen to the point about craft stores and your pocketbook! Every single time, I'm startled when I get to the register, even with my 40% off coupon in hand. Every. single. time.

Mommy Daisy said...

Ahh, that's a great list!

Zachariah is already interested in knitting. We even found a kids' Mickey Mouse knitting kit at Hobby Lobby. Cute! Unfortunately he's not coordinated enough yet to learn. Some day...by then I'm sure he won't care though. ;)

Beck said...

That special night idea IS a good one! And I love my daughter's best friend, too - what a good, jolly kid.