- I caused a stupid, idiotic fight with my husband Saturday after a perfectly wonderful day and fantastic night of Trick-or-Treating with the kids.
- I LOST the cookie order forms. LOST them. They were IN MY HAND at one point on Halloween night and then somehow DISAPPEARED. BEFORE we sorted the cookies--BEFORE we even got them out of the back of the mini-van. (Bullet One probably had something to do with this.)
- You already know about the idiotic forgetting of the time change thing.
- I planned and planned and planned for Izzy's GS meeting. And then forgot to bring glue sticks for the craft.
- I did not remember the time correctly for Keith's Parent-Teacher Conference--so we were five minutes late. And then the teacher had written down the wrong time, anyway, and so...we got about a seven minute conference.
- I yelled at Mary for about 10 minutes when she REFUSED to brush her hair on Monday. In a MEAN, HURTFUL, STUBBORN way.
- I'm overwhelmed.
- I had the brain wave this morning that I'm Rushing My Life Away again, and I need to take steps to slow things down again.
- Mary started coming down with a bad headache yesterday and went to the nurse. She took her pain killers, chilled out at the nurse's office for a little while, and then went back to class. We think we can pinpoint a definite trigger--Math.
- He is talking to me again.
- I did some MAJOR brain-wringing and back-tracking and FOUND the order forms. It took me two days to find them.
- Hey, we got a LOT done.
- I at least had ONE glue stick in my box o' craft supplies. And the girls got to learn how to SHARE.
- There were no major issues with Keith, and we know and are comfortable with the teacher and his report card, so...seven minutes was really all we needed.
- I SHUT UP and apologized profusely and hugged her tears away. And then self-medicated with Halloween chocolate and Milanos. And actually HELD MY BREATH to prevent any more stupid outbursts with the kids the NEXT morning. At least now I'm clued in to ONE OF THE REASONS why I was so grumpy Halloween night--and why I now have the BIGGEST ZIT EVER on the very tip of my chin.
- I am trying to take steps to dump some of my load by the fall.
- See #7.
- We still feel Mary's headaches are legitimate, but we are working with the teacher on other ways to help Mary calm down about her Math work--which is apparently getting her so worked up and stressed out that it's helping cause her migraines (or at least giving her stress headaches). Especially considering that she doesn't even STRUGGLE at Math! She really IS good at it! And really, heading down to the nurse's office is NOT a good idea right now. The GERMS, oh my goodness, THE GERMS!
Two of the three kids had to have their pictures re-taken this year (the school used a different company--there were a LOT of complaints about the results). Izzy, the kindergartner, got hers in just fine. Keith, the mature second-grader, did not go down when re-takes were paged. We're pretty sure he just didn't want to be bothered (he KNEW he had to have them re-taken!). So, his 2nd grade school pic has some weird hair action going on. Ah well. We'll laugh about it later.... (Kind of like the ketchup incident, I suppose.)
3 comments:
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who has days/weeks like this. Relax and know it will be OK. Glad to see that most issues are resolved.
I was going to suggest a Math tutor for Mary, but I see she's doing well in Math. I believe some girls don't try to do well in Math, because they hear that boys are better in Math. I've been tutoring a now 4th grader in Math off and on for the last year. Last year I got her caught up in just a couple sessions, so she was getting good grades, and her confidence seemed to soar from there. We wondered if she just needed the outside support. She's struggling more this year, but with my help it IS getting better.
Anyway, I hope that you can find a good solution for the headaches. And maybe it's not Math necessarily, but just the time of day. (I'm assuming they have Math at the same time each day, of course.)
I realize I'm probably an eavesdropper in this case, but it's refreshing to hear someone at least entertain the idea that they might have been at fault, nevermind actually accept culpability for it. All the other stuff will only get worse after the divorce, so it's good you're introspective and don't just expect your husband to take it as part of your "personality".
The fact that you second guess yourself makes it clear you don't need any advice in that area.
I read the stressy list and I was just like "THERE IS NO WAY TO FIX THIS!! ALL IS LOST!!" And then I read the fixing list and felt so much better. I'm especially glad you found the forms.
I used to get migraines in math classes from all the looking at the board and then look at the paper and then back to the board and then back to the paper. It was all the focus-changes that got me. Happened all the way through school---also in other classes with a lot of board-to-paper work, but math is the big one for that.
Post a Comment