Woo hoo! Dave's blog says about 5 1/2 hours until vacation. Of course, ours is starting a little behind due to having to wait until Unit #1 gets out of school at 11:30. BUT we're still taking the whole day off, so I guess it's technically still good. And I'm getting antsy.
The laundry isn't done, I haven't packed, I still need to make another run to the grocery store, I'm still not 100% happy with the bathing suit I bought, and the list goes on.... It's only a 4 (well, 3 1/2 now) day weekend, and it's kicking my butt!
BUT since we're going to have a late start tomorrow anyway, I've made appointments to check out two day care centers near our new house. I'm not the day care type person. I prefer to send the kids to individuals who run day cares out of their homes. I feel the kids get more one-on-one attention that way. And leaving my current provider, whom we've had since Mary was 6 1/2 months old, is breaking my heart. She was certainly a second Mom to them (and a very good friend to me). If only I could take her and her family with me!! Anyway, all the at-home people I called are already full for the fall (cripes!), so we may be stuck with a center--which does have benefits of its own (don't have to worry about finding back-up for vacation time, open longer hours, etc). So tomorrow morning we'll be checking out places with names like "Tots U" and "Small World." Ugh. Just the names make me cringe.
Izzy is feeling much better, thank you. And except for another Frankenstein fit the other night (think she might be teething again) she's back to her old self.
Mary had her kindergarten "spring show" on Monday. I was stuck with my nose to the "payroll grind" at work, but John got to go, and he tooks lots of video. Quite adorable. Now if only my adorable one would stop waking me up at 3:00 am EVERY MORNING. Even bribery isn't working. Ugh. No wonder I'm not getting anything done around the house.
2 comments:
Here sweety, take your unisom like a good girl ... let Mommy sleep too, thanks!
testing....
Post a Comment