The company offered an early buy-out trying to refrain from laying off. John and I debated all the last month and finally decided to go for it....
I WILL OFFICIALLY BE A STAY-AT-HOME-MOM AS OF SEPTEMBER 30, 2007.
I'm a little freaked out, here! But I'm so happy. It was a tough decision, and I know we'll be pinching pennies like crazy, but I'm thrilled to think of the time I'll get to spend with my kids and how I'll have more time to do ten million other things that go along with the maintenance of them (and the house). And maybe I won't be so stressed out, so maybe I won't wreck the car so much. :-)
Wish us luck!
5 comments:
September 30th? Sounds like you're getting my birthday present. I'm still looking for that sugar Mama.
Hopefully John took that opportunity to also negotiate an "earlier bedtime" (wink, wink, nudge, nudge). Bringing home the only bacon is stressful, ya know.
congratulations
Congrats! That is my Dad's B-day too. I haven't worked since March 31, 2006 (not by choice) but it is nice to have time for yourself. One of these days I might go back to work!
Miss you lots!
Congratulations!! That is awesome.
Thanks for the suggestion on the formula checks, too. I'm totally going to do that.
WOW! That is great news!
Post a Comment