Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Obligatory Cerpicio and Wife Visit Post

So last weekend we had houseguests. Anybody catch that?

It was great to see Jeff and Paula, of course. The best part--free energetic entertainment for the kids. As soon as Jeff and Paula were awake, our house would suddenly turn into a circus tent filled with outstanding feats of running, jumping, shouting, and throwing of stuffed animals EVERYWHERE! I was kinda envious. I remember when I used to have the energy to play with other people's kids. It was so much fun, I had three of my own. Now I'm so tired all the time I've turned into one of those "Mmmm Hmmmm" parents. Look Mommy! Look at this toy I've shown you 27 times already today! Mmmm Hmmm. Look Mommy! Bubbles and Buttercup saved Mario from the evil Baby Bowser! Mmmm Hmmmm. Look Mommy! I just created an artistic masterpiece I'm going to submit to the Louvre! Mmmm Hmmmm.

So John took Jeff and Paula around town on Friday while I was stuck at work. Then they picked up the kids early from day care and took them to the Strong Museum. II met them there for the last bit. I was planning on cooking out Friday night, but the kids vetoed me in favor of our traditional Friday night pizza and a movie....

Saturday we sweat our pants off at Niagara Falls, but it was beautiful, as always. And the kids enjoyed it, as always. And yes, Jeff and Paula got to witness first-hand the trials and tribulations of trying to get three kids into the car, out of the car, and to go to the bathroom AT THE SAME CONVENIENT TIME. And maybe even to go when they FIRST need to and not when they've held it so freakin' long they're in pain. Then Izzy fell on the sidewalk while we were watching the not-quite-so-whirly whirlpool. She's STILL telling us about falling and hurting her knees on the sidewalk!

I love how Izzy spent the weekend complimenting Jeff and Paula (I like your eyes! I like your hair!)--but I was also amused that Izzy apparently couldn't quite pick up their names. If we said, "Go see Jeff. Go see Paula" she knew what we meant, but anytime she talked about them she would say "HER" and "HIM."

The kids were bummed when Jeff and Paula left Sunday morning. All that attention taken away from them! Being left with boring Mommy and Daddy! Gasp!

Most enjoyable visit. Too bad we didn't have time (and I couldn't take time off work) to do more. We must do this more often!

3 comments:

MR said...

BO-RINNG! Now let's say that instead of Izzy falling on the sidewalk, she fell in the falls and Jeff turned into Superman and snatched her before she hit the water... THAT would be exciting!

Beck said...

I have this theory that it's not actually good for kids for us to play with them - it would spoil their imaginations or something. See? You're HELPING them.

Black Sheeped said...

Thanks thanks thanks for the recipe! I'm excited to try it out when we get back to town. It makes a lot more sense than the recipes I was finding that involved a) lots of garlic chopping and b) cream of mushroom soup. I have an aversion to cream of mushroom soup, because: gross.