Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Three more days! I can't take it!!

Well, actually 2 days and 14 hours left until the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows PARTY! I pity my husband children as this weekend they will become widowed and orphaned as I spend the whole weekend reading, reading, reading. Oh good gracious me! Is Snape really evil? Will she kill off Harry? Who on earth WILL she kill off, 'cause I love these characters so, so much I won't be able to handle any of them biting it!

John and I did get to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix last Wednesday (I took off work early to go see a movie--how lame!). It's just too difficult to put books 2-6 in movie format. As a huge book fan, I will never be completely pleased with one of these movies. I did like the fight scene at the end, and I also liked the D.A. sequences. It was just too slow in the other places. I was fine with most of the changes put in the movie EXCEPT ONE. It was kinda lame and not necessary, and they kinda leave you hangin' with a confused expression on your face as it isn't really RESOLVED, per se. I won't elaborate since I don't want to spoil others' movie-going experience.

**[SPOILER: I DO want to say that the Weasley escape scene was almost FLAT compared to the book. Seriously--they could have done more there!]**

And WHAT was I thinking inviting people over to the house for a cook-out Sunday afternoon? I guess I'll just have to stay up all night Saturday night reading, so I finish it before they get here. Then I better make sure I don't doze off while flippin' the burgers. That--would be BAD.

4 comments:

Cerpicio said...

We saw the movie last weekend. We both enjoyed it, but Paula always notices the differences between the book and the movie. She thought this one was closer to the book than the last one.

And she's really looking forward to the new and final book.

MR said...

I hear Quentin Tarantino is writing the final Harry Potter.

Sara said...

Oh the countdown is finally explained! Deathly Hallows- it's a Harry Potter reference. I'd always wondered.

Thanks for commenting me-I'd love to know about the Avon eye cream if you try it or hear anything about it.

MR said...

I think you all should line up and thank me for not making the "eye cream" joke I was just about to make.