'Round about the time of the mysterious missing pajamas, I also misplaced a book. Actually, it's inaccurate to say *I* misplaced it. Izzy is to blame for THIS Bermuda Triangle incident.
Ya see, I was on the phone (probably with my mom or dad) and also picking up the house (I simply can't get on the phone without also walking around the house picking up clutter. Sometimes I purposefully call people--like JJ!--because then I know I'll have X amount of minutes that I WILL get the dishes done or the pile of crap picked up off the coffee table. Of course, all the walking around almost always guarantees I will lose connection at least ONCE. Ah well.). Um...anyway.... I had been reading a book, which is in a SERIES of sci-fi books that I own and love and usually read AT LEAST once a year. And it had in fact been TWO years since I last read them 'cause they were "lost" in one of the boxes of books stuck down in the basement. BUT! I had JUST re-discovered them and was enjoying our reunion when the phone rang.
So...while I was wandering around the kitchen, I see Izzy with the book I had just set down. She was PUSHING it across the kitchen floor. I finally had to stop and ask her what she was doing? "It's a boat, Mommy!" Ah! I see! And I had quite a chuckle about it with whichever parental unit I was talking.
Well, I got off the phone and caught up with the Iz-meister so that I could start reading my book again. She didn't have it anymore. I checked the kitchen. Hmmmm.... I wandered all through the house. Um...."Izzy, where's my book?" "You're wipe [white] book?" "Yes, where's Mommy's book?" The two of us looked in the kitchen more diligently. It was NOWHERE.
I've looked and looked and looked for that book. I didn't want to read the next book in the series until I had finished THAT one. It doesn't matter that I've read the book at least five times! I HAVE to finish it!
I never found it.
And after a while, I DID finally decide that the book must be permanently lost and read ON (Gasp! Can you believe it?!).
Yesterday, Izzy was playing with her babydoll; she decided to wanted to feed her. I got out the toy diaper bag and dug up the bottle and baby spoons for her. While I was at it, I started collecting all the other baby doll clothes/paraphernalia from the toy basket and shoving them "away" into the bag. I checked the little front pocket...
...and THERE was my book.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I cracked up and showed Izzy. "You're wipe [white] book!"
Indeed.
[Brat!]
8 comments:
We've been missing some wooden puzzle pieces since Christmas. Wanna come look for them?
I AM on a roll here, huh?
ooh, I hate it when things go missing. Dane has a FAVORITE car that has been misplaced so many times. We're on version 7 now. *sigh*
Just last week I finally gave up after it had been missing for 4 days. We searched high and low. We bought v7 and 30 minutes later found v6. Sheesh.
I hope Dane is your son and you mean a toy car. Cuz otherwise your husband is an alcoholic but you don't care because you're obviously rich with a fleet of cars!
Funny story...at least now...and maybe only to people who aren't you. Ha!
Also, it cracked me up about you getting things done while on the phone. I'm like that too. Last week I needed to scrub the shower, so I called a friend I hadn't talked to in a while. She swept her floors while I scrubbed. And it was great to catch up.
You didn't say how many books were in the series. I'm guessing it was LotR. Just finished Harry Potter again, all 7. Maybe we should find some new books to read.
Incorrect! Believe it or not, it was neither LoTR nor HP (Oh, there would have been a major PURCHASE if that had been the case!). Nope, it was from the "Ender" series by Orson Scott Card.
Ah, should have gone with my second guess. I should read those some time(I will get from library, I wouldn't think of borrowing them you might miss your yearly read)
Post a Comment