Monday, September 29, 2008

Help! Ideas for Interviews!

What do YOU usually say when they ask you for your weaknesses????

7 comments:

Nowheymama said...

I go with the old "I'm a perfectionist" chestnut. You know, "I can take too long on a project because I want it to be perfect/I'm type-A/etc., but I'm working on getting things done, rather than perfect."

Gag, right?

Anonymous said...

I would say something like taking too much ownership of projects and having a hard time delegating.

CAQuincy said...

Check out what I found on the internet!!!!!

"This question unfortunately has become a staple in the interview process and is an easy way out for an interviewer who can't think of any other questions. The reason this is a bad question is simply this: If someone has a weakness that could jeopardize his chance of getting the job, he will never reveal it. So the only answers that this question receives are false answers intended to placate the interviewer. A good interviewer won't ask this question. I'm always tempted to answer this way: 'Mr. Interviewer, I always have a hard time with that question. What would your answer be to the question?'"

Oh no. I've gotten stuck with a bad interviewer!

CAQuincy said...

Ha! Look at THIS one!

"Look them straight in the eye, smile and say, 'Chocolate.'"

Do ya think that would only work with female interviewers?

MR said...

I'd say "kryptonite, nothing less."

d e v a n said...

haha! Chocolate!

Anonymous said...

I agree with MR. Kryptonite...or cheesecake.

Seriously, I hate that question. If you get stuck with it though, I say delegating as well. I have a hard time letting others do things when I know I can do it better and faster.(I get in trouble for that at work still)

You and DH should compare interview notes. His last one had that question.