This week Izzy, my darling, daughter, dear, has decided to put on a hunger strike. John, D (day care provider), and I are all comparing notes on the fact that for three days straight she basically ate NOTHING but a bowl of pineapple, a bowl of cereal, a bite of pizza, and a chicken nugget. This is NOT like her. Even on days that she turns her nose up at whatever culinary delight I'm attempting to feed her for dinner, she will usually scarf down her breakfast, snacks, and lunch. But three days of just a few bites of something--and not even drinking her milk? SO not like her.
She's also been complaining of a tummy ache--which would make sense since it's basically EMPTY. But last night there was a bit of a bathroom incident...and then she seemed to perk up a little (A LITTLE? She was actually doing CHEERS in the middle of the living room: "Yay for Dad!!" *jump* *bounce* So then John tried to teach her the cheerleader head bob--she hasn't quite got it yet.). Um, anyway, maybe she was just kinda bound up inside and now that there is ROOM, she'll start eating again. She polished off her cereal this morning (I ended up giving her a bowl and a HALF when she said she was still hungy), and I have high hopes for tonight, since it's FRIDAY night--which means pizza night. She did turn up her nose at pizza earlier in the week, but I'm still hopeful....
OH YES! And, as the baby pictures posted last week will attest, Keith had a birthday last week. John and I both took the day off work and spent the day with JUST him (kids were on winter break last week). We took him to Toys R Us, where he spent the money Grandpa W sent him (*cough* and THEN some), then we went to Adventure Landing where we played a bunch of games to get cheesy prizes (Oh boy! A flying saucer that WHISTLES!), and then Keith wanted to go to IHOP. We saw the line--and said ixnay on the Ihopway--and headed to Perkins instead. A couple of Perky Bear pancakes later, Keith (who'd been kinda whiny all day--I'm assuming due to lack of sleep as he went to bed late [bad mom] the night before and kept waking up) said, "Can we go home now?" Hmmm...I probably could have gotten away with just missing a HALF day of work. Ah well, I'm sure that underneath all the whining he was happy to have one-one time with his folks.
So...then we picked up the girls and had our pizza and let Keith pick the movie (Ice Age--after which Izzy kept crawling around hissing and pretending to be Diego!!! For a WEEK!). Cake and MORE! PRESENTS! and it was time for bed.
I can't thank you folks enough for helping spoil our kids. We ALL appreciate it!
4 comments:
well.... did she eat the pizza?
Why yes. Yes, she did.
Good. The hunger strike ends with no political prisoners released.
Hey, remember when I said "when you get time?" (read: yerfrigginemail) Well, I was just kidding... you need to get on it. :)
Thank you.
Post a Comment