Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WHY am I in the mood to BAKE?

Seriously. Sunday I was actually at a loss as we were low on flour--a somewhat IMPORTANT ingredient which prevented my baking chocolate chip cookies. Darnit!

It was HOT on Sunday. I was SICK and EXHAUSTED. I am trying to cut out the crappy snacks so that I can lose a pound or two (or five *cough*) and fit into my summer clothes without having to wince when I sit down. What freakin' hormones were blocking the mental pathways to my brain causing THAT irrational desire?

All I can say is that it's a good thing that I WAS so sick and exhausted. So sick and exhausted that I didn't want to bother to slog out the door to get the flour. Or else a whole batch of cookies would have ended up in the oven and down my gullet (sneakingly AFTER the kids had gone to bed).

I did find an interesting-sounding recipe online yesterday that I'm thinking of trying. It's somewhat healthy. And somewhat kid-friendly. And maybe if I train myself to think that these are FOR THE KIDS, I won't eat them ALL during the night. We'll see....

Now, you go out and try them, too!

3 comments:

Nowheymama said...

Those sound good!

jage said...

Yeah, we'll probably skip that one in our house.....but it does sound good. Eat one for me.

CAQuincy said...

Jage--just don't add the pb chips!