Yes. I caught a summer cold. Yes, I was miserable most of the weekend. Yes, I had to drag kids all over the place and "pretend" to be all happy and playful at Adventure Landing when all I really wanted to do was curl up in the car and GO TO SLEEP.
Saturday morning we all got up early and took Keith to his game. Not too much excitement. He got one hit, but no real action as far as plays to the infield/outfield go.
We left early to take Keith to the AL birthday party for his BFF from our previous residence. My plan was to drop off Keith then take Izzy to the mall or grocery store or something to hang out until the party got out. I knew I wouldn't know a lot of people there. But as soon as we all walked in, the mom asked Izzy if she wanted to stay and play, too. Well, how can I tell a 4-year old no to that? So we all got into the shoot-em-up-with-foam-balls room and ran around after each other. Me--coughing and gasping the whole way. Izzy showed once again how different she is from her siblings and went right down the huge curly slide--her siblings weren't so brave with that at that age. She was too little to climb on some of the equipment, so I had to help (hence the coughing and gasping from my poor, virused, respiratory system). Keith and his friend played together THE WHOLE TIME. And sat next to eat other during pizza/cake/present time. And...I just wish we could get him together with this little boy more often, because it was so sweet to see.
We ended up being the last to leave the party (UGH). Mary had a softball game at 2:00 (and wasn't SHE bummed she didn't come with us to drop off Keith at that party! heh). I pulled into the parking lot, walked Keith and Izzy across to the field, didn't recognize any of the girls/moms playing, and THEN I remembered that it was an away game (read: cold messing with synapses in brain). As we started driving away, Keith says, "Mom, I'm tired. Can we just go home?" Why YES, WE CAN. Keith played Mario Kart while Izzy and I took a much-needed nap (not that my phlegmy self SLEPT, but at least I was IN BED and not on an uncomfortable bleacher in the somewhat chilly air trying to cheer my daughter when I was so miserable! Sorry, Mare!).
Mary also had a somewhat uneventful game (although she did get to play catcher twice). She and John came home. I dragged my butt up and got to the store to throw together dinner (hamburgers AGAIN?!), and we watched some Avatar.
Sunday was simple. Laundry. Read. Chores. Read. Laundry. Read. Dinner. Read. Laundry. Read. Landry.
Well, I did start perking up around 8:00, so I dragged out the Dance Dance Revolution and made that my new cop-out work-out plan. Works great!
Then I passed out in bed. And tried REALLY HARD to focus on all the student loan debt that is forcing me to make a presence at work. @#$%. Ah well. At least I still have a job!
3 comments:
That's weird that Tom Landry showed up while you were doing laundry. Did he tell you that when the laundry comes out right, you teach, and when it comes out wrong, you learn?
Read again: cold disrupting synapses in brain. Specifically those tied to where-my-kid's-softball-games-are and how-to-spell-like-the-English-teacher-I -used-to-be.
Wattcha readin'?
Post a Comment