Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day Follies

1. Flaring tempers during helter-skelter preparations to get family pictures taken (first time in 3 years!).

2. Flaring tempers when "STOP KICKING ME" kept getting screamed in the back seats of the mini-van on trip back.

3. Desperate plea to kids to "GO AWAY, I'M TAKING A NAP," when they REFUSED to take a nap themselves.

4. Attempts to cook nice dinner for Father of The Year thwarted by "I'm not hungry" and "I just don't think I like meat" by 2/3 of the kids.

5. After dinner clean-up ruined by FLARING TEMPERS again when kids gave attitude about helping clean up the mess.

6. Dead cell phone won't give up my own Dad's phone number to call him and wish him a happy day. Rushed email to compensate (at least I sent a card!).

7. Cookie cake. And BIG apology to the Father of the Year for screwing up his holiday. (Kids in bed--feel much better now.)


Honey, despite the temper tantrums (by our kids AND myself) today, know that you are loved and adored, and we just couldn't be a family without you.

2 comments:

Mommy Daisy said...

Sometimes that just happens. It's life...father's day or not. Hope it was still a pleasant Father's Day for your hubby.

MR said...

Of course, if everything went like clockwork on Mother's Day, I'm sure he's suspicious.