Friday, June 05, 2009

It's a beautiful day!

I'm always somewhat nervous about what I post here as I know my employer can find this blog if they really wanted to (maybe they already HAVE! Dum Dum DUUUUUUMMMMM!!!!)...but I guess it's public knowledge now, so I can legitimately let slip to you all that my employer just filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection.

Yeeee Haaaaaw!

They were smart and did their lay-offs BEFOREHAND, so now they can say um, with confidence?, that they are not planning any more lay-offs at this time.

I've been holding on through this whole um, "crisis" in the hopes that once the dust cleared I can perhaps move up into a better position (er, if I survived the multitude of lay-offs--which I guess I did). Cuz where I'm at right now is most certainly NOT where I want to be even six months from now.

So, employer, if you're reading this, please take note that my current position, for which I'm GRATEFUL, NO DOUBT, is in no way challenging or busy enough for my fancy. I need something with more responsibility and at which I can utilize my AWESOME, HARD-WORKING TALENTS to their fullest potential.

Thank you. And I hope you zip through that Chapter 11 "thing" just as well as you did when you did it 10 years ago.

*super-winning SMILE*

3 comments:

MR said...

more responsibility?

you should ask them for more MONEY!

It's being timid that has women making less than men. As if asking for more money had all the guilt of asking for the last chocolate covered, jelly-filled donut. While your asking, some guy is already back in his cave eating it off of his pointed stick.

It's MONEY! MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!

CAQuincy said...

Considering I'm the only one in the building who did NOT recently get a pay cut forced on them, I'm thinking the answer to that would be NO.

Mommy Daisy said...

Well, I hope that everything works out well for you there. I'm sure it's a bit stressful right now.