Grandma Isabelle was 97 and up to a few months ago still lived by herself in her little one bedroom apartment. Her body hurt, but she never saw doctors (didn't trust 'em!) and was always sharp as a tack.
Grandma's body finally tired out enough to convince her to go into a nursing home recently. We saw her on our trip three weeks ago. Her mind wasn't as sharp, but she remembered each of the kids' names.
Saturday night, her body finally gave out.
I'll be sure to tell the kids about how even at the end when she couldn't remember the time or day or hear anything without it being yelled directly into her ear, she still remembered her great-grandkids' names.
2 comments:
I'm so sorry. I love that last sentence....
Oh, I'm so sorry. I'm glad that you all got to see and talk to her one last time.
Post a Comment