Wednesday, July 15, 2009

When you're right, you're right.

Today Izzy promptly woke up (with a SMILE!). She took a few minutes, then she got out of bed and then she got dressed without crying or screaming or throwing a fit or yelling at me to "Get out!" She ran down to the kitchen with a true Izzy smile on her face and in time to actually EAT breakfast. She got a puppy sticker and lots of hugs and kisses and praises. (And not just ANY sticker--a BEAGLE PUPPY sticker!) So nice to have my "real" Izzy back!

Of course, the Guinea Pig--who up to now has been staying primarily in her little igloo house, and even shimmying the house in the cage to reach her food and water--was actually OUT of her house this morning and didn't scurry immediately back in the second I walked in the girls' room to wake them. But I'm going to pretend that Izzy's good mood and good behavior this morning had nothing at all to do with that. Oh no--it was the firm hand yesterday. Right?

2 comments:

Nowheymama said...

How are you controlling the guinea pig mess? 'Cause I am already sick of finding bedding all over the floor.

Yay, Izzy!

CAQuincy said...

I don't know WHAT to do about the bedding all over the floor yet! The bunny doesn't even leave a mess like that! I've just been sweeping it up every couple of days (Mary has hard wood floors). *sigh*