The crazy kid schedule is just NOT getting any better. And although I know it WILL calm down soon-ish, it just seems like getting to that point is going to drive me out of my mind. I keep reminding myself that my kids just aren't NEARLY as involved as a lot of the other kids we know. But still....ugh.
Last Saturday, I went on a guided two hour hike with the GS troop (with my co-leader and ONE girl), and we saw a deer jump into then swim across the creek and then jump right onto the path behind us. That was sooooo cool! And wasn't Mary upset that she "bailed" on the hike on me because she thought it was too rainy and gloomy (Oh! It ended up being such a beautiful morning!).
After the hike, I took my tired body back out with the kids to sell MORE cookies and pizzas. ALMOST to the crappy-stuffed-animal goal. Ugh!
After we got home, I started cleaning the house and cleaning out all the summer clothes--and I basically didn't stop working until Sunday evening. Well...except that I did manage to knit ONE mitten for Izzy. Seriously, folks! *I* knitted a mitten! ME! And..it actually LOOKS like a mitten! The girls were muy impressed, and even Keith asked for a set of mittens when I get done making this set for Izzy.
Almost every day the woman who watches Izzy emails or FBs me the Lunch Conversation of the day. OMG--I wish I could be there to witness these conversations first hand!
Izzy: My brother likes Star Wars.
R: My brother likes Star Wars, too!
Izzy: That's cuz boys like violent stuff!
R: Moms are always so busy!
Izzy: But Dads just lay around the house!
2 comments:
See? That's another disadvantage to letting our children get older. There will just be more and more activities.
That's awesome that she emails you the conversations!
Yes - it's definitely BUSIER now that the kids are older. Someone asked me why we don't travel more on the weekends and it's like hahah! Our kids' schedules won't let us!
Post a Comment