So! This has been a fun-filled week! I won't bog you down with all the details. Just...I was really, really busy and yet didn't seem to get a lot done?
We took Mary's troop ice skating on Sunday. For Mary and me, it was only the second time we'd ever been. Both of us were doing pretty well. Mary hugged the side so that she could "gently" fall onto the edge when she lost her balance. I was more brave--especially when I realized that it really is sorta like roller skating, and I'm a pretty decent roller skater.
I actually did take the time when we first got there to warn the troop about "falling on your butt." You see, I fell roller skating when I was a teenager and broke my left wrist trying to break my fall (OK--I'm a "pretty decent roller skater" except for THAT ONE TIME). Well...guess who fell and immediately reacted by throwing out her right arm? Yeah--that would be ME. *sigh* I even had to sit by the side of the rink for a few minutes as I got a bit faint--always happens to me with any sudden injuries.
Anyway, I braved it out (and even skated more--and no, I didn't fall anymore), but when I was still having some pain this morning, I decided to get in to the doctor just in case.
He sent me for x-rays, of course. We were hoping it was just a sprain. And after spending a good chunk of my afternoon getting x-rays--and another x-ray--and an additional x-ray--I...am still not sure if my wrist is broken or not!
The way the P.A. was talking, it looked suspect, but the bone she suspected may not show a break on film for 7-10 days after the injury. "So," she says, "we're going to cast you." Um...huh? Yes. A cast. For ten days. And then I'll get to come in again and have it looked at again. If no fracture shows, I get the cast off! Joy!
I was watching Izzy's girlfriend, so I had these two extremely-chatty five-year olds following me around through all of this. They kept the technicians and doctors and P.A.s in stitches. The girls wanted me to get a "lello" cast, but since I'm sort of in the hopes of maybe having a job interview, I went for a baby blue--should go well with my suit! LOL
So...there ya have it. Mrs. Q. should probably act her age and keep AWAY from activities like ice skating with a bunch of ten-year olds! OUCH!
1 comment:
"That's right, Mrs. Q, we're going to 'cast' you. Until this heals the part of you will be played by Macaulay Culkin."
Post a Comment