John and I took a couple days off this week and finally started painting the girls' room. John was a bit apprehensive about the two shades of blue we picked, but now that we've gotten two coats on and the paint has dried--it looks awesome! John and I are feeling proud of ourselves for the job we did since we're such amateurs and haven't painted anything in years. We still have to paint the inside of the closet and the trim, but so far, so good. I'll have to try to load some before/after pictures when it's done.
We took Mary to her new school yesterday for orientation where she got to meet her teacher. We walked around the school a bit and dropped off the ten tons of supplies we had to buy. After visiting five different stores (one of them being an office supplies store), we were still short one thing: the BROWN clipboard. What the freak? Where did all the brown clipboards go???? But I felt pretty good when I noticed that in all the mounds of supplies accumulating in the bins separated on the floor that there were only about THREE brown clipboards there. Obviously, we weren't the only family who couldn't find one. Whew! I was beginning to wonder about a conspiracy. "Hey, Mack! Here they come! Hide the brown clipboards, quick! Make sure you leave about 20 CLEAR ones out, though!" I am proud to announce that on my lunch hour today I did stop at yet ANOTHER office supplies store and finally found one! Ha! I fooled them with my diligence and easy access to multiple shopping choices!
The long weekend is yet another bummer for me. The biggest pain about doing payroll is that any time there is a three day weekend, it means I'll have to come in the Sunday to work. It's not too bad since I get paid double time and usually only work 2-4 hours, but it's quite an inconvenient break in what used to be a guaranteed three-day stretch of much-needed time off work. I'll just keep focusing on the extra dough I'll receive. Yay! Money for more paint!
Have a great weekend, everybody!
1 comment:
Take a couple of checks, alter the names -- hey, you're in business!
Post a Comment