Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Walk for Awareness

Sunday morning, I partook in the Breast Cancer Walk for Awareness here in town. Several girls from my department/building here at work decided to go since several co-workers/friends have recently been diagnosed with breast cancer. I brought Mary Anne and put Izzy in the stroller, and we wore our pink. It was a beautiful, perfect fall morning (apparently it's rained for this event for many years past). Mary was a little trooper and walked the whole time with minimal whining. After the mid-point, she was even jogging back and forth along the sidewalk. She really had a lot of fun.

We were one of the first groups to start the trek, so on the return trip, we got to see the mass of people just starting out. It was just incredible all the women there and all the pink. I'm glad I went, I'm glad I took the girls, and I plan on making this a tradition.

3 comments:

Marcus said...

That's great and for a great cause. I am impressed with Mary if she did all that! BTW: were there any guys in pink there?

CAQuincy said...

But of COURSE there were--just not as many! And not as noticable in that massive crowd of women. In fact, we had a male retiree walk in our group. Impressive that he's retired, and he still made it a point to walk for our dear co-workers.

MR said...

While I've always donated to organizations that benefit animals, I've never donated to prevent, say, trunk disease because I favor the existence of elephants.