Thursday, November 01, 2007

The Black Cat, Mario, and Laura Ingalls Wilder

Yesterday I got to go to school with Keith and help out for his class's Halloween party. We did crafts, were in a parade around the outside of the school (beautiful weather here, folks!), danced and sang in the gym, and saw a play the teachers put on (freaking hilarious).

I did the unthinkable and re-wore my Sorceress costume from three years ago. I know, I know. But there just comes a time when one thinks: Do I really need to pay more money for ANOTHER costume when I have SO MANY? (Besides, no one on THIS side of town had ever seen me in it.) Mary decided to go as a Black Cat, and Keith--after warbling between three costume ideas for the last month--got the decision made FOR him--and was Mario. Izzy got to wear a "specially handmade by [my] grandma" work: a prairie girl. Oh--they were oh, so cute!

We did as threatened last year and drove to our old neighborhood for trick-or-treating. The kids had a ball. And since one of the adults was pulling a cart with a cooler (and we all know what THAT means), many of the adults had a ball, too.

This was Izzy's first year sans stroller (or other carrying device), and she was having problems keeping up. It's hard for an almost-three-year old to run so fast and go up and down all those stairs. She skipped a lot of houses--but she was having so much fun she didn't notice!

We headed to a looped street where there were many houses and no need to back-track. Impossibly, the kids started begging to call it quits and whine about their heavy pumpkins before the adults were ready to stop. We all got back to Leona's house where the kids got a few pieces of candy and played Nintendo, and the adults all nursed their sinus headaches (three of the four of us were sniveling). We got back home very late, so I'm sure the kids are dragging in school today (and Mary showed her exhaustion this morning when she wouldn't cooperate during her violin lesson *sigh*).

So much fun. I just wish it hadn't been a school night.....

Now if I can just get John to re-install our picture software....Oh well....

No comments: