I'm in the process of throwing together wish lists for the kids.
These are basically just "suggestions" and trust me, the kids will survive if they do not get what's on the list. And obviously, these items do NOT have to be purchased from Amazon.com. I've already noticed a few items are $10 cheaper if bought from Toys R Us...!
General breakdown:
John wants to get the family a Wii this year. I put a few games that the kids would love to play on the Q Collective list. We ARE taking donations for the Wii if you don't feel like shipping boxes of other goodies in the next few weeks!
Mary: She's still into Polly Pocket and Littlest Pet Shop. Refrain from buying any "playsets" for these creatures. Mary doesn't play with them. She extracts the doll/pet and ignores the big, hulking, ugly plastic playset which collects dust until I finally remove it from the toyroom and put in the "Goodwill" bag. Seriously. It's not worth your money to buy that really, really cute revolving pet house or that tiny, converts-into-a-fashion-show jet plane. She will not even LOOK at them. Save your money, folks! Anyway, she is also reading through books like there is no tomorrow. She loves Junie B and the Magic Tree House. She's also into "real" books--about nature and science.
Keith: Still a pirate and Star Wars man. And cars. He's learning to read, so we're going through "level 1" reading books right now. He loves me to read the Magic Tree House books to him.
Izzy: Um....she'll play with whatever the other two will let her.
I know I missed TONS of things that they told me they liked. Know what? They don't need them anyway! But I'll add more stuff as I get inspired.... (Amazon.com is just SO slow! It'd be much easier for me to just type you all out a list--but not nearly as cool!)
Thank you all! We love you! :-)
3 comments:
I stopped by to say happy birthday!!!
Hope you have a great day!
Happy Birthday, Carrie!
Looks like I'm not first. Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment