Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Staying Home Is Already Reaping It's Rewards

It's not the time with the kids. It's not the chance to ATTEMPT to keep the house clean. It's not the opportunity to cook dinner without feeling rushed.

It's that dreaded phone call from the school nurse: "Mary has been here for a few hours today with a headache."

Yes! No more having to beg the boss to let me leave (unpaid) to pick up my sick kid. No more fighting with my husband over who's work is going to get further behind or who's got some important meeting/task that has to get done ASAP and therefore the company we work for would absolutely EXPLODE if we left.

I can now just get in the car, and GET HER!

And when she's still complaining about a tummy ache the next morning, I don't have to have a panic attack about having to call my boss at 7:00 and completely @#$$ing her off! Yay!

...but I must add that Mary's "headache" from yesterday (which did seem legitimate--and we're attributing to lack of sleep as she's afraid of the dark AGAIN), turned into that upset tummy this morning--with the prerequisite moaning and sighing--which "magically" went away an hour after the bus passed by the house.

I'm thinking she just must have been hungry.

And yeah, she was BACK in school by 10:45 this morning!

Brat.

No comments: