OK, so when I first set up this blog in May of '06, it was a super-quick, what-the-heck decision. I initially set it up as a way of communicating our life and events to our long distance family and friends. I specifically remember having a bored moment at work and thinking, "Hey, I've got a spare minute! I think I'll set up a blog!" So I literally THREW it together and OBVIOUSLY didn't think of any kind of splashy look or even TITLE for the darn thing. And then, I forwarded the blog to my friend DAVE who published it out to all the rest of my friends. So...I found myself in the midst of blogger's heaven--with a pretty boring/generic blog title.
It's a year and a half later, and my blog has grown a bit. I have some mommies from the Mommy blogs I frequent who actually do read me once in a while. And more family members pay attention, too. So, I'm more exposed--and here I'm presenting myself with this incredibly BORING title that I just threw up (BLEH) there in a five-minute setting-up-a-blog-when-I-should-have-been-working moment. I know. It's embarrassing!
So here's the deal. I'm thinking of changing the title of my blog. Shocking! I have a couple ideas, but one particular theme comes to mind.... But--will it change the image all of you have of me? Will you start thinking that I actually HAVE a personality? Will you go to read my blog, see the new title, and think "Woah! That's not right! Where the heck did that boring Carrie go?" and stop reading me?
(I still sometimes think of starting a SECOND blog--a more anonymous one where I could be a bit more forthright with certain issues in my life and not worry about offending very close family/friends whom I ADORE, but who may not be able to appreciate my RANTS which are somewhat necessary to my sanity EVEN IF THEY ARE COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED, UNTRUE AND RIDICULOUS. Um....anyway, I was thinking of saving the INTERESTING title for said anonymous blog--IF I ever get up enough guts to start it, that is.)
Thoughts?
6 comments:
SHAKE IT UP !!! LET THE INNER CHILD LOOSE.
Have some fun. You can always change it back later if you don't like it.I can't imagine anything that you would create would be offensive or make me think any less of you. It might actually bring you higher in my adolescent mind. You are right that sometimes having an anonymous blog to rant and scream about stuff would be good. I still think Jen has one that she writes about me that I don't know about.
I love your blog. Not only is it the best way for the FW family to keep up with you all, but sometimes I just can't stop laughing. You are quite the story teller. Sorry we missed you all this trip.
Lynn
Here it comes:
"Carrie's RELIGION, POLITICS and F.U. Page
Day 1: What I think of Rush Limbaugh, Bill Mauer and God."
EVERYBODY RUN!!!
I don't know how I'd react, as with all change, I suppose I'd have to see what comes out of the phone booth.
I don't think you're boring at all. I'd read you regardless of where you posted. You give me the greatest advice, so I have to keep you in my good graces. :)
I dont' think you're boring! But then again I don't have an interesting leg to stand on. Um.. I dont' know if that helps.
I think changes are fine. It won't scare me away. My blog title/name was something silly I thought up on the spur of the moment too. I've thought about changing it, and I know I will some day. But honestly nothing has come to me yet.
My blog is relatively annonymous. A few people I know read it, but my family (including my husband) don't even know about it. I still censor myself even though no one (or almost no one) in my life reads it. I reveal slightly more than I would if it was known, but there are still moments of hesitation. Just some food for thought.
So, if you decide to change your title, more power to you. I'll come back again. ;)
Post a Comment