I've been settling in to this unemployed thing. I check the job listings every day and dutifully fill in my list of jobs for which I'm applying. I haven't been set up for my "peer" interview with the unemployment agency yet which makes me someone nervous and skittish, and I'm checking the mail with a fine tooth comb for any questionnaires or other paperwork coming my way (and X-mas cards! tee hee!).
I've actually seen TWO jobs that I actually WANTED and for which I felt I would be a good fit. Not holding my breath on the response, though. *sigh*
The kids are riding the bus home from school now, much to their chagrin. Mary took it the hardest, but she's already adapted. Such is life, kid!
My routine has not solidified yet--it's more of a mish-mash of tasks and activities I decide to do from day to day. I've kept the house clean-ish--there's still clutter here and there, and no, I'm not a big fan of dusting, but at least the kitchen and living room and bathrooms are usually clean, and honestly, what else needs to be a priority?
The tree is up and decorated. The house is decorated. 95% of the X-mas cards have ACTUALLY GONE OUT. Cookies have been baked and decorated (and slowly getting eaten!). I even made rice krispie treats for the kids--which were gone in a day!
I've almost finished one knitting project, and I'm about to start another. I am wishing I had just a bit more spare cash so that I could buy more needles/yarn, but I'm making due with what I've got.
I actually got the Wii Fit out the other day ("It has been 338 days since you were last on!" ha ha!). And then I used it AGAIN two days later! I know! Time to exercise--what a concept! (And wow--the hula hoop one is a killer!)
Izzy came down with the stomach bug yesterday morning, so she got to stay home, and I didn't have to worry about early morning phone calls to cranky bosses or taking time off without pay (already am! ha ha!), and we enjoyed our day home together--albeit with the Hello Kitty barf can by her side. And I kept her home today since she didn't stop puking until after lunch yesterday, and you are SUPPOSED to wait 24 hours after the last puking until you send your kid back to school. And wow--I could do that, and not have to have a second thought/fret over it!
Oh, to be home again. What a luxury!
I am trying to stay busy to keep the "worries" at bay. Yesterday was tough. Even though it was nice cuddling with the pukey child all day just watching TV, it caused me to have a lot of "thinking" time which did not help my Positive Attitude about all this. I don't want to sink into the depths of despair, and keeping busy and focusing on the fun of the upcoming holiday is definitely key to that right now.
Retail therapy would be nice. Ah well...in its absence I will enjoy wrapping the gifts being sent in from Indiana for the kids--that's always fun. My bedroom is getting re-cluttered with boxes, and I'm thinking that 10 days until X-mas is probably a good time to start the wrapping. Although, I guess I should wait until Izzy Monster is back to school before I start pulling all those out....
(A couple of X-mas gifts will be late-if we're able to buy them at all. The TIMING of all this! GRRRR!)
Keeping positive.... The holidays aren't a bad time to be home....
4 comments:
Sorry about the sucktacular timing of the job thing. But yeah, at least your holidays will be a little less busy/crazy feeling. Hope something comes up soon for you. Soon enough to avoid financial straits, late enough to let you enjoy a little more time off!
Good luck on the job hunt!
It is discouraging. But, I really like your housekeeping strategies. That's basically mine. If laundry is caught up, dishes are done, and clutter is at a minimum I'm happy and so is my family. Give the bathroom a good scrub once in a while, and it's all fine.
Does it put you in a better mood to know that I will be sending a care package your way soon? http://mommydaisy.blogspot.com/2009/12/christmas-cards-care-packages.html I hope so! I'm looking forward to putting it together.
Oh! A care package! Ohmygoodness! You doll! Now I'm all a-flutter! I can't WAIT! tee-hee! Oh boy!
Post a Comment