Monday, December 28, 2009

So This Is Christmas

Christmas morning Keith woke up God-awful early, as usual (WHERE did this child come from?). John and I had been up super, duper late the night previous--you know, helping set things up for Santa--and were in no shape to get up. I had Keith come into bed with us for a little bit--just until I heard Mary stirring.

Of course the kids were amazed with their hoard. The DSs (those were *cough* "Santa's gift") only got turned off in the brief moments Mary and Keith were eating or maybe checking out another gift. Izzy went around with her new digital camera taking LOVELY candid shots of all her Littlest Pets, Dad making goofy faces, Mom and the huge zit on HER face (getting old SUCKS), and maybe a random foot here or there.

Santa was good to me and got me "Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters." (I attacked it in two days, and thought SURELY Beck must have written this book?)

We went out for our Second Annual Q Holiday Tradition of Japanese food and a movie. Oh! The food! I tried some new sushi that was just HEAVENLY! We saw the "Princess and the Frog" as it seemed the better option. Mary and I had already seen it once, but we didn't mind going to see it again.

Having had very, very little restful sleep the two nights prior (and really, I've had a LOT of restless nights lately), I was practically a zombie by the time we got home. We forced the kids to unplug their games and ushered them into bed by 8:30. Me--I immediately fell asleep on the couch and didn't wake up until 3:00 in the morning.

We've all spent the last few days mostly "dropping out" of the world and playing with our presents and games (Oh! I've almost finished Mary's Zelda game! heh! Mary has been SO patient with me while I keep stealing her DS!) The TV didn't even get turned on until Sunday football.

Now it's Monday, and I informed the children that we really need to get back into the groove. Violin and cello practice needs to commence! The animal cages need to be cleaned! The laundry and dirty dish piles need to get tackled! And I have my first meeting at the unemployment office tomorrow. Bleh! (WHY just after Christmas? WHY?)

No comments: