I was surprised to notice the other day that I only posted 47 times last year. Really? Only 47? I mean, I knew I had slacked off a BIT, but only 47 posts? That's...just crazy!
So, I'm being a copy-cat here and taking the 30-day challenge. Do I think I will manage it? NOT if my Saturdays and Sundays keep up as they've been going lately! But....I'll try.
Day One--Favorite Song.
Um...yeah. That's a toughie. I mean, I know in middle school I could go around saying what was my favorite song ("Who Can It Be Now" by Men At Work comes to mind as being a top contender for a while there), but NOW? I...can't possibly say. There are too many wonderful songs out there.
Tears for Fears, "Everybody Wants to Rule the World"--loved 'em in middle school, still love 'em now. How excited was I when I found out this was on Rock Band now??????
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ST86JM1RPl0
(Actually, this is one of my favorite albums--I love every song on it.)
The Beatles, "Let It Be." OK, I pretty much love All Beatles All The Time, but you know, here's ONE of their songs....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcZ8Gz0rDtw
Phil Collins, "In The Air Tonight."
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=phil+collins+in+the+air+tonight&aq=1
Men At Work, "Overkill." I love the version Colin Hay sings here on "Scrubs."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ45xrtNnzk
Metallica, "One."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WM8bTdBs-cw&ob=av2el
U-2, "One." This came out when John and I first got together (19 years ago!). So, of course, it's "our song."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftjEcrrf7r0&ob=av2em
OK Go, "This Too Shall Pass." A "newer" favorite of mine. I love both videos.
1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qybUFnY7Y8w
2. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJKythlXAIY&feature=list_related&playnext=1&list=SP0FB9262CF878A34A
Flaming Lips, "The Yeah, Yeah, Yeah Song." Live from the concert we went to last summer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdbLch3TxHU
Ben Folds, "Annie Waits."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=toLs09dPFdw
Weird Al Yankovic, "One More Minute." OK, you all should know about my unhealthy obsession with Weird Al by now. Well, this is ONE of my favorites from him.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWhpk-8QLFQ&ob=av2el
Quite an ecleptic arrangement, eh? I keep adding/deleting songs, and I'm still not happy with the whole group. How does one pick favorite songs? AUGH!!!!!
Oh good grief. Just going through these videos on Youtube for this post took over two hours as I kept getting requests from my sickly, at-home-from-school son. Now, I think we're going to go watch a movie instead.
No comments:
Post a Comment