Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowy afternoon

More and more snow!  John says to me last night, "You know I don't mind it so much, anymore."  Well, I still MIND it, but I guess I'm just used to it.  It's part of winter, so I just deal with it (kinda like changing diapers is just part of having a nommy-smelling baby).

Last night was Izzy's very first Suzuki concert.  She played her "Twinkles" on her viola, and she seemed to be keeping time pretty well.  John and I were chuckling throughout the concert at the bad notes and tempos going on.  Ah!  First year concerts are so much fun! 

Keith also took part in the third grade orchestra.  A bit better playing from this group.  Keith also had the honor of leading the first grade cello players during the "Twinkle" bit.  He was quite full of himself--as he should be, right?  Very proud of my babies last night.

Mary has adjusted quite well to having glasses.  Of course, she's already misplaced them a handful of times.  She doesn't listen to her father about ALWAYS putting them in the same spot EVERY time--oh no, she does the same as her ditsy mother and leaves them lying around in the most unusual places.  Amusingly, *I've* been the one to always find them the few times she's lost track of them.  I'm good at finding stuff.  Usually.  *cough*

Mary is almost done with her Bronze Award for Girl Scouts--she just has to put in a few more service hours.  I know it's probably rough on her being a leader's kid and all, but I'm very proud of her (and the whole troop) for putting up with my constant nagging and getting through this project.  My troop when I was a kid was more of a "social" troop, so we didn't earn the big awards like these.  I don't know if she'll go for the Silver or Gold, but at least she earned the Bronze.

I'm trying to put the Kindle down for a few days as I have many other projects that need to be completed/started now and before the spring and while sitting all snug with the Kindle and a cup of coffee while it's snowing outside is much more pleasant, coming out of that snugginess into the piles of paperwork, projects, housework, and laundry waiting for me is NOT.  Priorities!  Must be set!  And adhered to!  But first, I need to finish reading the Count of Monte Cristo (which I swore I'd read before, but so far, it's much longer than I remembered and NOT familiar--what was it that I DID read a few years back then????).  JK!    

1 comment:

d e v a n said...

Oh, I bet the concert was fun!